• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cortramid

Status
Not open for further replies.

USN99

USN99
None
Rant in Reply

4 weeks? That bites, big time. 4 f*****g weeks! That's abominable. I sense green eye shade pukes cutting budgets vice paying attention to preparing Mids for the Fleet & Fleet Marine Force. 4 f*****g weeks! That's just appalling. :icon_rage I am somewhat reluctant to admit this but my CORTRAMID was 6 weeks and there were seniors at my NROTC Unit that had the 8 week version (same for 3/C cruise also).

We did not get a full week for each community. We got three weeks in aviation, with one tac jet ride and two or three primary trainer rides. :D We got a composite 3 weeks of amphibious warfare and surface warfare (only a sub tour not a full week and not underway). The amphib training included a practice amphib landing, M-16s (with blanks). :D

I think you all are being short-changed. I very disheartened. This is a false economy. Midn belong with the fleet as much as possible before commissioning. I glean from all these threads that it's been reduced to an aggregate total of about 12 weeks in three summer cruises. That s***s. You deserve much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.