• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CORTRAMID West T-34 flight

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Hey, if you were flying Mids in the T-34 at CORTRAMID West today, (Miramar I think), and you flew a girl from Vanderbilt on your first go this morning, I just wanted to say thanks.

My daughter said she had an absolute blast, did some cool acro, got lots of stick time, and can't wait to do it again. Events like this beat the $hit out of "let's see how fast we can make them puke."

Appreciate the professionalism, and making it fun at the same time.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I thought I saw a Turboweiner flying over water near NS Point Loma. Not many orange planes around here.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
They've been darkening the skies out here since Memorial Day.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
249378_1784628106802_1572480314_31625606_1909565_n.jpg

Good times! With a little luck, she might become a 3rd Generation Naval Aviator (A-1 / A-4 grandfather, A-6 father, EC-130 / TC-4C / 727 / A320 / 777 mother).

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I think our weiners are pretty busy just pulling low safe duty for our X's.....normally it is the tracom T-34's that pull this duty (and a good deal TAD)

I've always wondered why the F-18 RAGs had these birds and we didn't in the AV-8B RAG.

If anything, we do more A/G. Not trying to start a dick measuring contest, I just don't get it.

Are the Hornet studs having more CFIT/target fixation problems than Harrier guys? I don't see why they would. The systems and displays are very similar. If anything the AV-8B has a bigger face magnet with the DMT.

Can anybody explain this?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've always wondered why the F-18 RAGs had these birds and we didn't in the AV-8B RAG.

If anything, we do more A/G. Not trying to start a dick measuring contest, I just don't get it.

Are the Hornet studs having more CFIT/target fixation problems than Harrier guys? I don't see why they would. The systems and displays are very similar. If anything the AV-8B has a bigger face magnet with the DMT.

Can anybody explain this?

I'm honestly not sure, but my guess is the big dolla bill. I probably did the majority of my basic strike hops launching as a motivated single with nothing more than a weiner low safe after my lead's jet broke (or mine did and he gave it to me). Cheaper to fly the T-34 than a Hornet low safe anyway. Hell, today was the first time that I have ever seen 4 of our Hornets up and ready at launch time, and it still got scrubbed after the rear half of lead's jet looked like it was about to fall off during the clean and dry check post departure.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
If anyone there sees a badass contract para rigger, buy him a beer. He told me he was headed that way when I was checking out of TW4. Or, on second thought make him buy. He's making serious bank there.