• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corsair prop...

Pags

N/A
pilot
My brother-in-law recently made quite the home decoration purchase:

3711066849_5ebb5919ae_b.jpg

3711068147_e17950959c_b.jpg

He's in the process of stripping and polishing it for display in his home. The hub's about halfway way done and the blades (he has all three) are still awaiting work.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Thats pretty sweet, did he get it off of E-bay? Would you mind telling us how much he had to dish out for it?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Thats pretty sweet, did he get it off of E-bay? Would you mind telling us how much he had to dish out for it?
Nah, he had to spend a long time searching for it. He eventually found some place in FL that supplies spares to warbirds. He got a "good" price on it since it's apparently no longer airworthy. I didn't ask how much it cost, so I can't answer that one.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
I want one! My plan when I'm old and gray is to own a Corsair (even though the chances are extremely slim :D) .

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I want an A-1 Prop...to put on the side of my BARN, damn thing's huge. How 'bout a giant ceiling fan? One of these days....

Prop2.jpg

This is the "Naked Fanny's" prop while being restored in New Smyrna Beach.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I want an A-1 Prop...to put on the side of my BARN, damn thing's huge. How 'bout a giant ceiling fan? One of these days....

My brother-in-law considered putting it up on a wall in his house, but realized that 500lbs of prop isn't something that studs are designed to hold. Hanging that thing off a wall would require some major structural mods.

Flugelman

Contributor
Yeah, you and every other pilot since WWII.
My step-dad (Naval Aviator, 1949-1952) flew most of the aircraft in the inventory as a pilot with a FASRON in Japan. He says the the F4U was his least favorite. He had to get out of one at Atsugi due to an external tank fire.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'm still working on my P-3 prop. The search is on hold until I get to my new squadron and get in good with the maintenance guys.

MasterBates

My only problem with my collection of wall hangable aircraft parts, is that I don't have a big enough wall to hang my Huey tail rotor blade on, nor one strong enough to mount my tailhook on.