• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corsair prop...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of ceiling fan. When I was a kid I had a Corsair ceiling fan.

24852.jpg

:D

I bet that went great with your JJ the Jetplane jammies.

GroundPounder

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. If only I had $200...and a son whose room I could put it in...ahem..

I was going to buy one for my son when he was about 6 years old. He loves airplanes, and has quite a collection in his room. He needed a new ceiling fan and as we were in Lowe's looking for one and I saw the Corsair version. Thinking I would get a positive reaction, I asked him if he wanted one for his room? He looked at me like I was crazy and said " No sir! "

I'm surprised by how adamant he was that he didn't want one, so I asked him why. He looks at me like I'm the biggest idiot in the world ( but doesn't tell me so ) and says " Dad, how can I go to sleep looking up a plane that's trying to dive bomb me? "

Saved me about $ 100.00.

Redux

Yeah, you and every other pilot since WWII.

Don't forget the ADR, they knew it wayyyyy more intimately then any jockey. ;)

Most didn't go by nicknames like "DripPan or NosePicker" for nothing.

That aside, I bet it set him back even more then it weighed which was probably close to half a ton.