• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

m990540

Sam, I'm in the same situation. Out of curiosity, what's the downside with just waiting another few months until the points post before starting the retirement process? Meaning, what's the rush?

Also, how does one go about starting the retirement process? Where did you find the paperwork?

Thanks!

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Sam, I'm in the same situation. Out of curiosity, what's the downside with just waiting another few months until the points post before starting the retirement process? Meaning, what's the rush? Also, how does one go about starting the retirement process? Where did you find the paperwork?

M, no downside in waiting other than I want to get done dealing with the Navy sooner rather than later. Here's a good starting point on your Reserve Retirement

m990540

Thanks Sam! Appreciate you posting that link.

Good luck on getting them to post your points. It's amazing to me that it takes them more than 1 day to process them - let alone 4-6 months.

m990540

Thanks Bubblehead. Do you know what that means - other than there will be further delays? I wonder if requesting a "manual calculation" would force them to enter our points even faster.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
The "new" FY19 list hit the streets this past week. For those of you who were in the MarineNet courses that went away, standby for a fight. For the powers that be who may be watching this forum: you need to manage your program better and get your information out and properly disseminated in a timely manner. I'm not among those who are potentially screwed, but I know a few guys who got blindsided. Which I also understand is probably the whole point...

snake020

Contributor
I was doing this for a while as IRR, but I'm new to SELRES and nobody at my NOSC knows how they're supposed to process courses for points, even though the workflow says "submit to NRA." Anyone know what the process is?

Is that right? I think Snake is SELREs now, and the process you mentioned is just for IRR folks.

I went IRR—>SELRES and finally gave up trying to get points for the courses I finished right before the transition.

mangotree

None
I was doing this for a while as IRR, but I'm new to SELRES and nobody at my NOSC knows how they're supposed to process courses for points, even though the workflow says "submit to NRA." Anyone know what the process is?

Ok, quote the RESPERSMAN 1500-010 Section 4:

4. Processing Procedures a. NRAs and squadrons will make NSIPS entries for all SELRES, OSU, APU, VTU, and VPU personnel under their cognizance. A correspondence course tutorial is available on the Commander, Navy Reserve Force (N1C2) SharePoint page: https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil/cnrfc/NCodes/N1/CNRFC_N1C2/SitePages/Home.aspx. Credit must be entered within 12 months of the completion date. After 12 months, the applicable approval authority must provide an approval endorsement with completion certificates to COMNAVPERSCOM (PERS9) for course credit.

There's a PDF tutorial that has step-by-step instructions of how to input it in NSIPS.

I've gotten that far, with the point capture function OOC I don't know how to verify that the courses were actually put in.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I called the IRR Counselor to get my point capture for the previous year. They said that I was short 5 points from a satisfactory year. I asked them about a couple submission. They had been received by the IRR and sent to be processed. However, they were greater than 180 days. IRR sent me to the help desk and they submitted a trouble ticket. The points were from a BGO submission. What is the likelihood that I will get the points added for last year? I'm feeling like there will be a struggle to get the points added, but I have to win.

reservist22

I called PERS help desk recently about points and they said NSIPS has been down since December and haven’t been adding points for anyone since then. They said they hope it’s fixed by April.

I called the IRR Counselor to get my point capture for the previous year. They said that I was short 5 points from a satisfactory year. I asked them about a couple submission. They had been received by the IRR and sent to be processed. However, they were greater than 180 days. IRR sent me to the help desk and they submitted a trouble ticket. The points were from a BGO submission. What is the likelihood that I will get the points added for last year? I'm feeling like there will be a struggle to get the points added, but I have to win.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I called PERS help desk recently about points and they said NSIPS has been down since December and haven’t been adding points for anyone since then. They said they hope it’s fixed by April.
Well that is dandy. I will let you know the response to my trouble ticket. If that is the case, it will take them a long time to recover. I wonder what will become of the IRR program?

Well that is dandy. I will let you know the response to my trouble ticket. If that is the case, it will take them a long time to recover. I wonder what will become of the IRR program?
Good luck buddy! I hope they can see through to credit you for the work you’ve done. Let us know.