• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

reservist22

Well that is dandy. I will let you know the response to my trouble ticket. If that is the case, it will take them a long time to recover. I wonder what will become of the IRR program?

Keep us posted. I have some points in the backlog too. And I think the IRR as we knew it is gone. They slashed more courses from the list earlier this year. May want to consider getting back into SELRES or VTU. There have been big changes in recruiting/medical requirements recently. They used to require years of medical records, MEPS for those with VA disability, and a slew of other hurdles. Now, it’s much easier.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
A buddy recently submitted points in early March for Marinenet courses that were dropped off the most recent list. He got an email back stating that IRR_Courses accepted them and forwarded them to PERS. But, it's up to PERS to award the points and as of 17 April 2019 if your course isn't on the list, it won't be accepted. I'll vouch for the email, I saw it personally. So...if you were nearing the finish line on any courses that were dropped, sew them up and send em' in...you might get lucky.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
I'm right behind you...5 weeks of class left. Oh for Jesus I'm so close.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Can't believe it yet, but I made it. Retired from IRR -- got my red ID and my flag/certificate in the mail.

I'll say this about the IRR folks at PERS ... when it comes to retirement (getting rid of you) ... they work pretty fast! LOL.

Good luck y'all
Congrats!!

PT Goodtimes

pilot
For ShiftDawg and Sam I am -- a quick question just to confirm I'm doing everything I need to do...

I'm in year 19, my anniversary date is May 15 (will hit 20 on May 15, 2019). I have verified with NPC that (1) I have 19 good years; and (2) I have 41 points for this year in courses (so when I get the 15 grat points on anniversary, will have 56 points and my 20th 'good' year). I'm an O4 so I only have the 20 years.

I received a letter from PERS in June 2018 with an attachment titled Resolution of Status that I returned to Pers in January or February -- it basically says I don't desire continuation and request transfer to the Retired Reserve, which I should be eligible for on 1 June 2019.

So, I think I've checked all the boxes -- and think I'm just waiting for a red ID and a flag...but if there's something I'm missing, would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks all

snake020

Contributor
Can't believe it yet, but I made it. Retired from IRR -- got my red ID and my flag/certificate in the mail.

I'll say this about the IRR folks at PERS ... when it comes to retirement (getting rid of you) ... they work pretty fast! LOL.

Good luck y'all

Wait, you got a red ID made at a RAPIDS site, or the IRR folks mailed one to you?

For ShiftDawg and Sam I am -- a quick question just to confirm I'm doing everything I need to do...

I'm in year 19, my anniversary date is May 15 (will hit 20 on May 15, 2019). I have verified with NPC that (1) I have 19 good years; and (2) I have 41 points for this year in courses (so when I get the 15 grat points on anniversary, will have 56 points and my 20th 'good' year). I'm an O4 so I only have the 20 years.

I received a letter from PERS in June 2018 with an attachment titled Resolution of Status that I returned to Pers in January or February -- it basically says I don't desire continuation and request transfer to the Retired Reserve, which I should be eligible for on 1 June 2019.

So, I think I've checked all the boxes -- and think I'm just waiting for a red ID and a flag...but if there's something I'm missing, would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks all
Seems like you’ve got it, but I’d call the POC on the form too (my first submission didn’t seem to go through, then she just did everything over the phone.

Also, I just got a certificate....no flag for me, and I’m not sure why!

Congrats!

but if there's something I'm missing, would greatly appreciate any advice.

Sounds to me like you're on track. I'm enlisted so it might be a different process/department for yours. I had to fill out a request form, and called/emailed a few times to check on status and received assurances (but no real evidence) that everything was moving along. Checked my DMDC status on MilConnect from the first of the month for almost two weeks, and it hadn't updated to Reserve Retired. Then, around the 13th or so, it did reflect that. Went and immediately got my Red (well, let's be honest here ... it's pink) ID from the base RAPIDS site.

Also, I just got a certificate....no flag for me, and I’m not sure why!

They owe you -- it's codified in Title 10 United States Code:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/6141

Go git your flag!

Seriously, though, it's not a very good presentation. It's just, straight out of the supply system, with a label containing NSN and "FLAG, NATIONAL." Not even ceremonially folded or anything. But, it's owed you -- raise hell!

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
Just called for a point capture. The course tracking system is still down. They don't expect it to be back online until April 15, 2019.

I was glad to make it to to retirement and xfr my GI Bill, but you inspired me to call about my glad—thanks Shift_DAWG!

reservist22

Just called for a point capture. The course tracking system is still down. They don't expect it to be back online until April 15, 2019.
I just called to check and they said it should’ve been repaired yesterday (Apr 15) but it’s still not working. I asked if she knew when it’ll be repaired and she didn’t know.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I just called to check and they said it should’ve been repaired yesterday (Apr 15) but it’s still not working. I asked if she knew when it’ll be repaired and she didn’t know.
I just called and they have my points up to August 2018 but not those submitted in December 2018. The system must be back up and running.
On a related topic. How do I get a copy of my statement of service? The help desk stated that I need to complete an SF180. I have completed one in the past and specifically requested a "Statement of Service." However, I received a CD with my military record but it did not contain my Statement of Service. Any help is appreciated. In the past, PERS faxed it to me, but I don't think they are doing that anymore.