• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cool T-6 pics

batman527

Banned
like Fly said, either genious or madness. I'd put them on the madness side, but then again, I've enjoyed life so far, maybe they haven't.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hey, I say that water skiing with airplanes looks like fun and I'd give it a shot if I had the talent, skill, and money. Luck too, that helps.

What % get water skiing T-6s?:D

Raptor2216

How is this any different from the blue angel's flying inches away from each other at insane speeds?? Is there really any need for them to flying so dangerously close? I would say no, there is no need but does that stop them from doing it?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P_ubhi18 said:
How is this any different from the blue angel's flying inches away from each other at insane speeds?? Is there really any need for them to flying so dangerously close? I would say no, there is no need but does that stop them from doing it?

What the Blue Angels do is really no different than what I did on just about every flight I've ever had. They just do it a bit lower so you can see it.

Flying IFR form is done just feet from another plane. Same as the Blues.

The Blue Angels have a positive PR role that is endorsed by the USN. That is why they exist as a unit.

Are you really asking this question or is it a rhetorical question?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
gatordev said:
Do you know what the deal with that was, mules? Was it because their gear was down?

Yeah, the gear in that plane retracts into the floats. That is one reason why insurance is higher on seaplanes with retractable gear. It is not so uncommon to mix up what type of landing you are doing. The exact opposite happens on land with the gear not down.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Just to kill the discussion, thousands of bush pilots do water landings in Super Cubs with oversized wheels every year, and if you've ever seen the gear on an original T-6, they're pretty dang similarly sized, so the "act" itself isn't necessarily spontaneous, pilots have been doing it for years.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
FLY_USMC said:
Just to kill the discussion, thousands of bush pilots do water landings in Super Cubs with oversized wheels every year, and if you've ever seen the gear on an original T-6, they're pretty dang similarly sized, so the "act" itself isn't necessarily spontaneous, pilots have been doing it for years.

Video of super cub doing a 'backcountry' water/land landing

video

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Since you guys liked that.........

another video

and another (beginning and end of video is alot of formation flying, but the middle has alot of cool landings)

Caption from the site:
Info from Wup Winn, of Alaskan Bushwheel, Inc.: The clip "Supercub Landing II" is part of a video titled "Big Rocks and Long Props" that has some of the most amazing stick time caught on tape. You can purchase the full 59 minute video at our website, www.akbushwheel.com "