• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cool pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK OK, I know I'm one of the biggest naysayers on the MMA project, even now ("you'll fly the same P-3s for the next 25 years and LIKE IT!"), but even I thought this was a cool picture...

CavemanOgg

"....the captain has turned on the fasten your seatbelt sign....flight attendants prepare for pickle and crosscheck."

sweet picture.

TANGO 1

Contributor
I don't think the Navy will use a high-bypass turbo-fan engine. For some reason, turbo-props have been a preferrence since they have a lesser possibility of being FODed.

Can the Orion folks help out. Where do your missions take you and would the turbo-fan engine be of any hinderance?
just my thoughts

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The 737 has already been selected by the US Navy as the MMA, replacement for the P-3. It will retain turbofan engines.

TANGO 1

Contributor
I just hope they don't have problems with them things. Well i guess prowlers do not really land on unprepared fields so they should not have that much of a problem with FOD.
Thanks anyways for the lil gouge

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TANGO 1 said:
I just hope they don't have problems with them things. Well i guess prowlers do not really land on unprepared fields so they should not have that much of a problem with FOD.

Prowlers? What?

Anyway...I was a little disappointed that it didn't have SLAM-ERs, or an encapsulated torp....ah what do I care...I'll never fly it...

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
TANGO 1 said:
I don't think the Navy will ever use a high-bypass turbo-fan engine. For some reason, turbo-props have been a preferrence since they have a lesser possibility of being FODed.

just my thoughts

How often have you seen a commercial 737 get FOD'd out? Almost never. Call me crazy, but there will not be a problem with FOD and the 737. Commercial world has been using high-bypass turbofans for the past 30 years and they've been fine.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Tango, how about not clogging up the board with your banter?

I personally think we should go back to the Model T Ford, and do away with that stupid Abrams whatchamacallit. I mean seriously, the reliabilty behind being able to hand crank your vehicle, rather than worry about those stupid starters, is mindboggling. Don't you think? Straws and spitballs? Better yet, forget the engine all together, gliders, now that's a possibility, I mean actually using NO FUEL, GEEEZZZ. God the possibilities are neverending.

Oh no, not sticks and stones. Those things break bones. What would the media say about that?

I say we go back to sticks and stones myself

So which is it? Banter/no banter......?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Webmaster is a gift from god! He has striken the evil one known as TANGO 1!!! History will speak of this day forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.