• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
What do you consider a conservative trade policy to be?

What do you expect President Biden’s trade policy to be?

Not imposing unnecessary and/or ill-advised tariffs and claiming that it's not a tax on US consumers. Then redistributing those taxes to the industries affected by those tariffs.

SlickAg

pilot
Seeing Brady drunkenly pass the Lombardi Trophy from his boat to Gronk’s boat is what America needs now

The only thing to make this better would’ve been the mayor of Tampa Bay showing up in a Washington Crossing the Delaware-esque pose in the bow of a police boat to arrest them all for not wearing masks.

And the ensuing boat chase as she shakes the arrest warrants at them in her hand and demands to speak to their manager.

Hair Warrior

Contributor

SlickAg

pilot
This is why good intelligence is way cheaper than no intelligence.
Maybe instead of shutting down Parler they should’ve created accounts on there instead. You know, “keep an eye on things”.

For the wokerati, that was clearly a joke since Facebook was by far the social media platform of choice used to organize things. You should all call your congresspeople and demand they call for the deplatforming of such a hate-filled, evil, and dangerous corporation!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Well, Parler could have kept operating if they ran their own hardware stack rather than rented out AWS. Same as if you want to throw a crazy house party as a renter and your landlady sees the debris on the lawn the next day, vs. when you’re a homeowner outside of town with no HOA.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Maybe instead of shutting down Parler they should’ve created accounts on there instead. You know, “keep an eye on things”.

For the wokerati, that was clearly a joke since Facebook was by far the social media platform of choice used to organize things. You should all call your congresspeople and demand they call for the deplatforming of such a hate-filled, evil, and dangerous corporation!

I think there are plenty of efforts underway to approach the issue of misinformation/disinformation on social media platforms right now. Parler just happened to be an anchor the server providers didn't feel was worth sinking for.

Jibes aside, free speech is an issue I'm deeply passionate about, and I feel pretty gridlocked about everything going on lately. As somebody who feels nothing but scorn for anti-vaxxers, SME-silencers and QAnon cunts, I am at a genuine impasse about the next step.

SlickAg

pilot
Jibes aside, free speech is an issue I'm deeply passionate about, and I feel pretty gridlocked about everything going on lately. As somebody who feels nothing but scorn for anti-vaxxers, SME-silencers and QAnon cunts, I am at a genuine impasse about the next step.
Yeah dude, you definitely sound like a pretty big fan of free speech...

...as long as the other person thinks the exact same way that you do.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Yeah dude, you definitely sound like a pretty big fan of free speech...

...as long as the other person thinks the exact same way that you do.

...I don't understand. Am I not allowed to have flavored opinions about people within my bounds of free speech? :) If I were less of a fan of free speech, I'd be trying to shut all these groups up.

I think we are at a global learning point about what kind of decibel levels speech can reach through modern communication platforms. We've always been "pretty cool" (see EDIT) with people expressing their opinions, but we're starting to see that amplification manifest in some really harmful ways. The careless, easy solution is, "Just shut it all up." But that's tragically difficult to do without creating an extremely difficult precedent.

EDIT: I realize the italicized statement is a gross overstatement

SlickAg

pilot
He's just baiting you. Do not feed the trolls.
Aww.

Glad you could take a break from coercing sailors into getting a vaccine they’ve previously declined getting to come weigh in on this topic instead.

Next up on the agenda: celebrating President Biden’s accomplishments!

Since that won’t take long at all, I’m sure you’ll cap off the night by feeling hours of smug self-satisfaction at being the de facto ruler of the AW kingdom since John doesn’t give a shit about this site anymore.

Am I pretty close??

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
As somebody who feels nothing but scorn for anti-vaxxers, SME-silencers and QAnon cunts, I am at a genuine impasse about the next step.
You might try extending some love and grace to those you don’t understand. Consider these questions:
  1. Has anyone died from receiving a vaccine?
  2. Did Fauci ever announce that wearing a mask doesn’t help and isn’t needed? Did an elected official ever impose a restriction by executive order, then flout that very same restriction?
  3. Did powerful or famous people know about Epstein’s pedophilia/sex with underage girls, yet fail to report it?
Keep in mind: There is the media’s side of the story, which according to Pags is mainly out for profits at the corporate level and therefore is sensationalist by nature of business survival. They’ll portray the most fringe view possible of any conspiracy - bc it sells. Things can get twisted beyond rational sense and/or without hard facts, to the point where it’s highly illogical or even absurd.

On the other side, there is sometimes a kernel of truth which gives rise to the belief. And that kernel of truth may actually come not from the craziness of conspiracy but from a place of love, as you’d imagine it would for the immediate family and friends of the underage girls who were Epstein’s victims.

I don’t deny that humans act irrationally, and make decisions unfounded by the statistical data. The downsides of getting your kids vaccinated are far smaller than the downsides of not getting your kids vaccinated. But humans are actually wired to ignore the data and give outsized weight to events that happen directly to them or a loved one. If your spouse or child dies or is harmed after receiving a vaccine dose, you probably won’t look at vaccines the same way ever again - even though statistically it is still a miniscule chance of side effect. And the more people (strangers) point at that and laugh and call you crazy, well, that probably doesn’t help.

Last edited: