• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let’s play name the prominent Republican’s quote...

None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.
Liz Cheney

BigRed389

None
Just a quick anecdote based on this comment: I had a fairly heated discussion with 2 of my squadron mates yesterday about this topic. I made the exact same point that was made in this comment and their unbelievable response was that because the American people didn't get to see the lawsuit play out (the OJ trial was used as a metaphor), the judges don't get to just make the decision to dismiss the case. They don't trust the the judges are qualified to determine whether the fraud accusations were legitimate or not.

Totally not how the judicial process works, and I'm fairly certain at least some of those judges were Trump appointees, including 3 Supreme Court Justices.

It amazes me how many active duty folks, much less educated officers, buy into this bullshit. But I bet they’d have no problem dropping the hammer on SN Timmy when he swears he never did the drugs no matter what the urinalysis says.

Not gonna lie, I have some reservations about the process (again, repeat any lie long enough) but in no way do I believe that some bullshit Cruz/Hawley “10day audit” was going to accomplish what multiple recounts did not.

At some point, the right thing is to move on, and focus on making the process for the next election better and more secure. The system is meant to be bigger than on person, no matter how crazy or immoral you might think that person is.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Let’s play name the prominent Republican’s quote...

None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.
So could have the Capitol police or a lot of other law enforcement agencies.

When Trump tries to stop the riots at the Portland Courthouse he was condemned by the same people calling for his head now. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I’ve said it before, Trump is and acted like an asshole. Being an asshole isn’t grounds for impeachment.

He’s out of office in days. There is no need to rush to throw him out of office without a thorough investigation.

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just a quick anecdote based on this comment: I had a fairly heated discussion with 2 of my squadron mates yesterday about this topic. I made the exact same point that was made in this comment and their unbelievable response was that because the American people didn't get to see the lawsuit play out (the OJ trial was used as a metaphor), the judges don't get to just make the decision to dismiss the case. They don't trust the the judges are qualified to determine whether the fraud accusations were legitimate or not.

Totally not how the judicial process works, and I'm fairly certain at least some of those judges were Trump appointees, including 3 Supreme Court Justices.
Jesus Christ. If a judge dismisses a case pre-trial, it's because he/she looked at the evidence presented, interpreted it in the most favorable way possible to the plaintiff, and still couldn't make a legal case out of it. If there is any reasonable chance of the plaintiff having a shot at winning, it goes to trial.

That level of ignorance in commissioned officers is honestly terrifying.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot

SlickAg

pilot
Pretty fascinating insight into the thoughts and opinions of a truly great American, and as so often happens, the lessons of yesteryear are being retaught today. This is why I find things like Parler being kneecapped and Twitter de facto suppressing political speech they don’t like to be so troubling; just because it’s “legal” doesn’t make it “right”.

“To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the right of the hearer as well as those of the speaker. It is just as criminal to rob a man of his right to speak and hear as it would be to rob him of his money.”

-Frederick Douglass

And here’s another fascinating tidbit they wrote about the (second) impeachment of President Trump:

“There’s an irony in where America stands today. The Brandenburg decision ensured that dissenting citizens could rail against their government without fear of prosecution. No one on that Supreme Court could have anticipated that the decision would one day protect the president of the United States railing against his own government.”

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I wonder how many of the capitol visitors put their phones inside Faraday phone cases? Probably some but I'd be surprised if it was very many.
Let’s see...old army helmet from my OIF tour...check. Plate carrier with scary molle attachments - a little tight - but...check. Some old cable ties from the shop modified to work as cuffs...check. Funny but dangerous sounding moral patch...check. MAGA flag...check. And Faraday bag for my iPhone??? “Honey, where’s my Faraday bag? Me and the fellows are over-throwing the government tomorrow!”

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Let’s see...old army helmet from my OIF tour...check. Plate carrier with scary molle attachments - a little tight - but...check. Some old cable ties from the shop modified to work as cuffs...check. Funny but dangerous sounding moral patch...check. MAGA flag...check. And Faraday bag for my iPhone??? “Honey, where’s my Faraday bag? Me and the fellows are over-throwing the government tomorrow!”

When 90% of these guys look like they are part of Meal Team 6,

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Are they going to start screening everyone in the National Capital Area next? I’d sure like to know what the other 10 stand accused of.

"Comments or texts..." I assume the "comments" are Social Media posts, but what did he mean by "texts". Are you looking at people's texts on their cell phone or did they mean something else?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One can be removed from inauguration duty without being accused of a crime. If I'm appointing my next CMEO and one of the potential candidates made some questionable comments/texts, it would be prudent to not appoint that individual to a position of trust until I can better understand the situation.