• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Computer Geeks arise!! I need help !!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Damn ... you're fast, Fly .... hope you get fast-movers or you will be impossible to be around ... :)

Current TACAIR selections for Navy are the following: Super Hornets, Hornets, Prowlers.

The pickins are good :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Current TACAIR selections for Navy are the following: Super Hornets, Hornets, Prowlers.

The pickins are good :)

Is that the modern version of F4's, A4's, A7's, and A6's ... ???

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Fly Navy said:
Play with the settings to play with the font. You can even adjust it with the mouse wheel, but I forget how (I always do it accidently though).

Some pages load slower, some faster, it's strange. There are ways to speed it up (tweaks).

Yes, you can reorder your bookmarks however you like.

Welcome to the club. :)

Font: hold ctrl + use the mouse wheel. I forget if its temporary or not. You can change it permanently in edit->preferences, and in the "general" section theres a button for fonts/colors. Its probably a bit smaller than IE, thats just how it is.

Bookmarks->Manage bookmarks. View menu, theres a selector for the sorting. Change from "sort by name" to "unsorted" and shuffle away.

Re: the help, think nothing of it. Compared to working tech support all day for people who hate me because i dont spend all day on the phone selling my soul, or spending what phone time i have yelling at my insurance company, this is enjoyable :)

Speaking of the insurance company, there wouldnt happen to be an ordinance range "dangerously close" to an All State office, would there? I'd "really hate it" if some poor student had an "equipment failure" and had to dump fuel over their executive parking lot before jettisoning the training ordinance over their expensive landscaping...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Play with the settings to play with the font. You can even adjust it with the mouse wheel, but I forget how (I always do it accidently though).

Some pages load slower, some faster, it's strange. There are ways to speed it up (tweaks).

Yes, you can reorder your bookmarks however you like.

Welcome to the club. :)
Firefox, you infidels make me sick. Why all the pussy-footing around? Why not just get Macs while you're at it (and then take your own lives)? :eek: :D

Brett

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Brett327 said:
Firefox, you infidels make me sick. Why all the pussy-footing around? Why not just get Macs while you're at it (and then take your own lives)? :eek: :D

Brett

Sigh, do we need to start a holy war? It's not a fair fight, some of us can't right click :D

dilbert.linux-1.gif

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
That's not totally true. We still have the ability to perform the same function as the "right-click" . . . . we just have hold down the control key.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:

Brett

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not be throwing insults. FireFox is done by the same people that has web-browsers out before IE was even an idea, has nothing to do with Macs. It's all about the Unix love.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not be throwing insults. FireFox is done by the same people that has web-browsers out before IE was even an idea, has nothing to do with Macs. It's all about the Unix love.
I am Pentium of Borg, resistance is futile - prepare to be approximated! :D

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
Is this what you were referring to, or must I be the bearer of bad news?

http://www.apple.com/intel/
Actually, it's a joke from about 10 years ago when some of the Pentium chips were discovered to have a nasty propensity for floating point math errors in their co-processors.

Brett

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Actually, it's a joke from about 10 years ago when some of the Pentium chips were discovered to have a nasty propensity for floating point math errors in their co-processors.

Brett
That's pretty sad/funny.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:

Brett

I used to exploit the old F00F bug on my friends' computers for a good laugh every now and then.