• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Computer Geeks arise!! I need help !!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
DISCLAIMER ON PREVIOUS STATEMENTS:

I am an early adpoter, I mean just look at my avatar and my Custom User Title! If there are two things I like its high performing equipment that looks good. (wasnt talking about the JSF there) When it comes to analyzing the market and predicting pricing trends i have no experience.

gatordev said:
And funny you should mention that, because Apple just announced their new laptop w/ the Duo in it.

Oh and I wasn't saying that sony had the only centrino duo chipsets, the last link above shows a plethora of other laptops that offer it but fails to mention the two sony ones, and that as soon as the sony style that I work at starts preordering them I'll use my managers discount on the Sony Vaio SZ180p.

KBayDog

raptor10 said:
DISCLAIMER ON PREVIOUS STATEMENTS:

I am an early adpoter, I mean just look at my avatar and my Custom User Title. If there are two things I like its high performing equipment that looks good.

Yeah.

Here's your reality check:

t34sole.jpg

PICT0007.JPG

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I digress also .... but since it's "my" thread and I can't find another "appropriate" thread to put this on .... and this one DOES relate to computers .....

HOW DO I "ZERO" OUT MY UNREAD POSTS COUNT WITHOUT HAVING TO VISIT OR "READ" ALL THE VARIOUS THREADS/POSTS ???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ????? :)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A4sForever said:
P-3 driver ..... I love you ...... :)

WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR BELOVED OLD SEA DOG?!?!?

old_sea_dog.jpg

A4s, please come home!!!!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Computer geeks... help me
I have an .AVI file from my little digital camera that I want to make into a more readable format (seems to be that some people have issues with avi's). Plus, for a 10sec movie, it's 18mb (640x480) and that's a bit ridiculous. Perhaps .wmv or mpeg would reduce it's size and make it more readable for the masses.

HOW?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TheBubba said:
file converter. Download.com

More specifically, try looking at this list.

I'm fully aware of download.com and its list of convertors. Most free ones leave watermarks and such. This is unacceptable. I'm looking for specifics, not "google for file convertor."

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Wasn't saying google for a file converter. Was simply stating that in order to do that, you need one, and provided a list of them.

http://www.video-converter.net/

That's a good one, recommended from a close friend of mine. To get a good one, you're gonna have to spen 20-30 most likely.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I've got 110% on my Dork Gauge

Squeeze: Check out VirtualDub, a free post-processing application for video. As for a compressor, you may have a free DivX one already installed - if not, you'll need to get it from OldVersion.com. If that doesn't work, you can pony up the $20 for the official version at divx.com or buy QuickTime Pro, which has the advantage of being able to convert to the newest and most efficient video format, H.264.