• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Completed, What Worked

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Hey, the hooky took had a small deck footprint! Perfect fit for the super hornet/V-22 air wing.

Meyerkord

pilot
save the aileron roll for last
100000% this. I hate aileron rolls.

Bad technique for your aero solo- setting max endurance in the MOA until you hit xx fuel, staying up for so long that your line in TIMS schedule executor changes color and the tower ODO calls the squadron ODO because you're overdue on their tracking too. :p
This was basically me, minus them trying to track me down. I basically flew straight and level at 150 KIAS the entire time and enjoyed the view over the coast. They were a little puzzled when my time was 1.8 ?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
This was basically me, minus them trying to track me down. I basically flew straight and level at 150 KIAS the entire time and enjoyed the view over the coast. They were a little puzzled when my time was 1.8 ?
Nicely done! More turbine PIC time for you!

I mean, bad bad bad.

The guy I was talking about did it in c2013.

Birdbrain

pilot
Thank you all for the congratulations! I'll keep your advice in mind as I continue on with naval flight training, I'm chomping at the bit for Advanced.

Congrats on finishing primary. The most important question is where are you going next?
Congratulations @Birdbrain!

Even now that I fly in the world of puny LSA's and extra-slow aircraft the things you mention are important. Keep the mindset you have not just through advanced...but throughout your entire flying career.

What did you select? And, @Meyerkord (you frigate lovin' Corpus kid) where are you headed? (and please tell me you were a "Boomer," not one of those new-age "Ranger" guys).
I'm part of the 42% !

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Technique for pukers- save the aileron roll for last.

So much this. It took me a while to figure out the "how" on this, but I also found that once I figured out how to keep my point of reference through the roll, it helped me immensely, especially when studs were doing the rolling. It's kind of like how a figure skater does spins, their head isn't spinning like their body is, it's finding the same reference point as the body turns.

I would do this for the roll, I think it probably looked like I was rotating my head the opposite direction of the roll until coming through 180 degrees-ish of the roll.

Anywho, it helped me. But yeah, do them last.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
After see how much better it made me, I'm gunna be in that chair every weekday I'm not in the plane for the foreseeable future.

I won't say the jets is off the list but I think im coming to see some of what you alluded too. Like OP said the grades aren't my concern anymore and I'm just in it for the ride.
For what it's worth, I felt passive plenty of times in the T-6 (and puked a bunch as an NFO in primary), but haven't had the same issues in the T-45.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
For what it's worth, I felt passive plenty of times in the T-6 (and puked a bunch as an NFO in primary), but haven't had the same issues in the T-45.

I've have heard that the T6 just has a way of making people sick compared to most other aircraft in the Navy.

I guess my point is I'm not really after any certain community anymore. I'm just gunna give it my best with everything and I'm cool with whatever happens.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I never got to fly the T-6, but it's like any other prop plane, it has P-factor and torque to deal with. Add to the fact that it has a 1,000+ HP engine, and that torque (and P-factor) is even more pronounced. The T-34 excelled at making people sick when those same people went on to the T-45 and did great. There's a surprising amount of yaw that happens with Tq, and I'm sure that adds up for folks. In the T-34's case, add to that the lack of O2 during most normal flights and things get sporty.

I was always amazed to watch how much the nose moved when sitting in the back of a -60. You don't see it up front, but it's still there. While slightly different, fixed-wing turbo props still oscillate with Tq changes. I remember @webmaster talking about his Fam partner getting sick in the back of a T-44.

Ask to fly what you want to fly, but understand that experiences in the T-6 may be worse compared to what the future brings.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
I've have heard that the T6 just has a way of making people sick compared to most other aircraft in the Navy.

I guess my point is I'm not really after any certain community anymore. I'm just gunna give it my best with everything and I'm cool with whatever happens.

And you got P-8s.?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had some air sick problems in the T-2, which NFOs started in back in the day. What seemed to bother me was the lack of noise to relate to the aircraft performance. I was used to recips with constant speed props. T-2 had virtually no vibration and pretty constant noise. The gauge needles were shooting up and down winding up and unwinding and the Gs I couldn't associate with any other senses. For some reason it really bothered me. Didn't help most of it was demo, just sitting there. Was better by time I got to A-4s and combat maneuvering. You were heads out and had to contribute.