• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Community Transfer from Helos to E6s/P8s?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Eh, dropping currency at the boat sucks but you can get back quick if you want. I was at a regional less than a year before starting at the majors. I wouldn't be shocked if things continue the way they are, regionals won't even be needed and they'll take you non-current in that 12-24 month range. It's the "haven't flown in 10 years while riding a desk" folks that can have issues spooling back up.
We have an AW here that went from Navy Helos, straight to Spirit fly A320 via ATP AMEL in a piston twin - no Regionals required. No prior airplane category time other than SNA VT's...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Back in the day this was the case. Now PERS just cuts your VT orders just short enough to get a year of boat time before we can leave. But same same I suppose.
Same same but different. A lot of us had to do stints elsewhere before the legacies. With hiring the way it is those stints at other locations should be much much shorter than they were even five years ago.

Last edited: