• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commissioning through BDCP

NAVY BDCP, unsure?

Hello everyone. I am a 3rd year student at a university and was considering taking advantage of the NAVY BDCP. My first question is Is it true that upon graduating, i will actually be a RESERVE officer or do I have the option to be active duty? Also, are there additional career paths that I can chose from or is it only what is listed here: http://www.navy.com/navy/joining/education-opportunities/undergraduate.html; which is basically
Aviation
Information Warfare
Intelligence
Meteorology & Oceanography
Public Affairs
Purchasing, Supply & Logistics
Special Operations

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
My first question is Is it true that upon graduating, i will actually be a RESERVE officer or do I have the option to be active duty?

Being a reserve officer and being on active duty are not mutually exclusive. Not saying that BDCP grads are commissioned as reserve officers, but there was a time not so long ago that 90% of all AOCS/OCS grads began their officer careers with a reserve commission.

Hi. Through bdcp will I be commissioned and serving reserve or active duty and will i be ale to join the medical service corps

m26

Contributor
Active duty* and no.

You need to do more research before posting questions like this. Search BDCP here and on google and read up on the program, and if you have any lingering questions post away. I can see how you could do your homework and still end up confused on these points, but somehow I sense you haven't done the legwork yourself.

Also, check out the forum gouge available here, and try not to post the same question in two places. And write like an adult.

Actually I am an adult...furthermore this is something i just began to consider and that is why I may be asking a question that might be obvious but if I can ask a question and continue my research from there I dont see what the problem is. You obviously dont have the answer so dont respond to the post. As far as me posting the same thing twice...apparently I didnt get an answer. Lastly if you have a problem with my post shut your eyes and click on to the next post...thank you.... Now if you dont mind i am still open to answers from people who know what theyre talking about

GreenLantern330

Try the search function. Similar questions have been asked and answered, and if your search skills aren't up to par, why not pick up a phone and call a recruiter?

MediumThumbnail.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Grow Up!

Actually I am an adult...furthermore this is something i just began to consider and that is why I may be asking a question that might be obvious but if I can ask a question and continue my research from there I dont see what the problem is. You obviously dont have the answer so dont respond to the post. As far as me posting the same thing twice...apparently I didnt get an answer. Lastly if you have a problem with my post shut your eyes and click on to the next post...thank you.... Now if you dont mind i am still open to answers from people who know what theyre talking about

MotoDork, snotty posts from college "knowitalls" do not fly on this Forum. You'd best sit back and rethink your attitude before posting again or you're not going to get much help here, and I do know what I am talking about! BELIEVE IT!:icon_rage
BzB

beaverslayer

pilot

Did you happen to notice that m26 is currently in the BDCP before you started running your mouth? There are very few people who can give you better information than someone who is in the program you are thinking about applying for, so I would suggest that you start taking every little piece of advice thrown your way. -1 for a crappy attitude.

m26

Contributor
ima leave this here just long enough for ya to c it then ill just cancel my account and get some answers from professionals

Seeking help from professionals? Funny, that's just what I was going to recommend...

Will_T

Will_T
This is pretty entertaining...
but in all seriousness, you wont get anywhere with that attitude, in the Navy or in the civilian sector. I may still be a newcomer to the Navy, but I know that asking stupid questions, and then having a hissy fit when you don't hear what you want is the wrong way to do things. Maybe you need to mature some before joining the Navy.
All the Best.

GreenLantern330

Just FYI, you can't cancel your account, and you clearly didn't read the rules of AW before posting. It's also apparent you never searched for answers to your questions before posting. If you really think you want to be a naval officer, I suggest you STFU and and be respectful of the people on this site as A. a winged aviator tried to put you in your place, but you just disrespected him and B. as AW warns, admirals have been known to lurk here. If you can't even do the research to find your answer or respect current officers/people that have the answers to what you're inquiries are, how can you be expected to lead sailors or follow orders? You're way too lazy. Do your research before asking such a general and commonly asked question or save yourself the embarrassment and call a recruiter!

Someone close this thread already.

beaverslayer

pilot
Seeking help from professionals? Funny, that's just what I was going to recommend...

haha well played.

And moto, people the caliber of BzB are the reason that many of us chose to join the Navy in the first place. He and his peers deserve the utmost respect from all of us, so do yourself a favor and watch your mouth when you have the good fortune to be able to talk to somebody with his wealth of experience.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
It's always good to see these threads pop up. This one doesn't look like it's going to last as long as some others. Unfortunately.