• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College credits in the Navy

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
zacharyj53 said:
If you decide on the Navy go into the Aviation side...Radar Tech or something like that...Most colleges usually accept that training as college credit.
Or...yes, I gotta say it...Nuke. [GASP!!!] This highly selective field will net you the most college credits for your time in. And most of them are transferrable straight into a BS or BA. In fact, GW (Chief mentioned it above) offers a Bachelors of Arts in Nuclear Engineering Technology (sounds cheesy, but for some, a bachelors is a bachelors is a...) custom tailored to maximize the creditable experiences that a Nuke will accrue in 1 sea tour + 1 shore tour (both Navy training and off-duty education). So if it's college credits you want out of your enlistment, then the Nuke field has all others beat by a long shot. Too bad you have to put up with the rest of the hell we call the "Nuke field."
Now back to the reality of this discussion...I personally agree with those here who recommended that if all you want is college, then an enlistment isn't the right choice. Honestly, there are better options, such as, um, well, college. If paying for it is your concern, and you also truly have a genuine desire to serve your country, then enlist (and none of these bull$h!t 2-yr "I-just-want-my-college-money" enlistments, either--do it right), do your time, do it right, opt for the GI Bill, get out, and go to college. Just make sure you've got your priorities straight--enlistment=serving your country, not getting money for college. That's just the "gravy on the side."
Seems to me like you've taken the rest of the advice in this thread to heart, though, so I'll leave it at that. Good luck in whatever you do. Now that you're a member here, as well as an aspiring aviator (we'll try to overlook which service you're aspiring to, though :p ), keep us informed, and never feel intimidated by some of the more, um, intolerant folks here. It's usually in good fun.