• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CMV-22B Osprey Rollout

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I would've sworn I already saw a Marine C-40 a while back...like a year or so. Maybe I dreamed it.

I flew a couple of times on VMR C-9s. They kept those birds looking very smart and shiny inside and out, as opposed to the Navy C-9s; looks like they're doing the same with their C-40s.
I think the link I posted was for a reserve squadron…maybe the cool kids got the full time bird already.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The paint scheme is awesome. Well done. The fact that these were pre-owned 73's in 121 service and converted to a combi configuration and updatted avionics and engines is cool and a real money saver. A lot of bang for the buck.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The paint scheme is awesome. Well done. The fact that these were pre-owned 73's in 121 service and converted to a combi configuration and updatted avionics and engines is cool and a real money saver. A lot of bang for the buck.
It’s too shiny. Needs more flat paint, more camo, and more grease and weathering. Then I’ll believe it’s a USMC bird. 😆

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
It’s too shiny. Needs more flat paint, more camo, and more grease and weathering. Then I’ll believe it’s a USMC bird. 😆
They will keep it looking bright and shiny. Buddy of mine did a tour on C9's when they were SOES. Lots of band runs and hauling Wing and HQMC staff.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
They will keep it looking bright and shiny. Buddy of mine did a tour on C9's when they were SOES. Lots of band runs and hauling Wing and HQMC staff.
Yep. A C-9 out of Cherry Point transported the HQMC manpower weenies every year on the fall "roadshow". It was probably a month det for the C-9 crew, but viewed as a good deal. It started with hitting all the far east (Osan, Iwakuni, Okinawa) bases, with refueling at Wake Island and Guam somewhere along the way. HI on the way back, then the SoCal bases. At that point, it was a commercial return.

The C-9 cabin was configured in a very gentlemanly manner as far as seating went...so, it was a good time. Also, a plus when it aborted a takeoff at Andersen in Guam, and was down for a few days. 😁

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I flew a couple of times on VMR C-9s. They kept those birds looking very smart and shiny inside and out, as opposed to the Navy C-9s; looks like they're doing the same with their C-40s.

I remember flying a former Aeromexico VR C-9 years ago, it looked like they had not done anything to the interior since getting it from the airline and it was...worn down, to say the least. Better than several of the E-8's the USAF got though, at least one had apparently hauled livestock at some point in its previous life and got pretty ripe when it got hot in places like Kadena, Al Udied and Georgia.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
She's a curvy girl! (today @ NAS Norfolk/Chambers)

435066073_390565363784875_2020283363293671275_n.jpg

Hard Clutch

Marine Osprey Studs in multi-engine have been sent to Hercs, rotors, and jets.

Studs flying the T-44 will wing, but face a one year wait to start Osprey FRS.

This was due to the fatal Osprey incident in Japan last year.

We were not offered any other options.

Last edited:

Roger_Waveoff

pilot

Nice username.

Yeah...what a time to be alive. We're getting to the point that 7532s will be on the O-4 board around the same time they make aircraft commander.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

I waited a year to start primary during the T-34 redstripe of 2009/2010.

I got paid as an officer to do nothing.

It was a good deal that I wouldn't ever advise anyone to pass up. Some guys were bartending, some took grad school classes. Almost everyone bought a boat. I worked as a pro hockey referee in the SPHL.

The fleet will get it's 8 pounds of flesh. Enjoy the time at home without any responsibilities.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I waited a year to start primary during the T-34 redstripe of 2009/2010.

I got paid as an officer to do nothing.

It was a good deal that I wouldn't ever advise anyone to pass up. Some guys were bartending, some took grad school classes. Almost everyone bought a boat. I worked as a pro hockey referee in the SPHL.

The fleet will get its 8 pounds of flesh. Enjoy the time at home without any responsibilities.
Go to the beach and take classes, so it’s not a complete lost year.

If there’s a chance to go to AMO school, do it. Back in the bad old days, some folks got to do IOC, which is a bad time but a good deal.

Roger_Waveoff

pilot

If there’s a chance to go to AMO school, do it. Back in the bad old days, some folks got to do IOC, which is a bad time but a good deal.
Pro move would be to knock out EWS non-resident, which I understand involves a waiver if you’re not yet a Captain. But as many can and will tell you, once you’re in the fleet there’s no good time to do EWS, just the least worst time.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor

How is IOC a "good deal"? Unless you have a hard-on for field ops in Quantico after TBS, I'd go with the beach option IMHO.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
How is IOC a "good deal"? Unless you have a hard-on for field ops in Quantico after TBS, I'd go with the beach option IMHO.

There were some dudes who were sent to IOC and did a pump as a platoon commander in a reserve battalion during that T-34 redstripe. But that was also 2009, and we were conducting major combat ops.

Those guys were hard chargers, but were all glad to be in aviation.