• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CMV-22B Osprey Rollout

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Big deal, yes. Nacelle improvement will greatly improve readiness. I think “major redesign effort” is a misleading description, though. Makes it sound like a whole different aircraft is coming out.

What's the deal with the nacelle's and why will changing them be so great?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Interesting that NAVAIR/PMA was the one awarding the contract yet the USAF was the first to integrate it. Not super familiar with the acquisitions side, but is NAVAIR effectively the model manager for all of the -22 variants?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Interesting that NAVAIR/PMA was the one awarding the contract yet the USAF was the first to integrate it. Not super familiar with the acquisitions side, but is NAVAIR effectively the model manager for all of the -22 variants?
The PMA is here, but to my knowledge, it's a Joint Program Office, like F-35. It's had a USAF Col as PM previously.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Speaking of which - ramp full of HMX plopters here at KLUK in Cincinnati. Marine wrench turners on the nacelles (wearing impractical cranials on a civilian ramp)

PXL_20220504_191215219.jpg

Last edited:

number9

Contributor
Speaking of which - ramp full of HMX plopters here at KLUK in Cincinnati. Marine wrench turners on the nacelles (wearing absurd cranials on a civilian ramp)
Are you there often? My father-in-law lives a stone's throw from there and used to fly out of Lunken for work.