• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GOUGE CMP M1 Garands - Opportunity

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Am I the only one who wonders why some bright spark doesn't start manufacturing brand-new, MIL-SPEC and/or "march grade" M1s? Seems like the market interest would surely be there...like any one of the hundreds of 1911 clones currently available.

I believe the issue is the receiver and then the follow-on parts. Springfield made a M1 Garand "clone" out of a cast receiver for a while (I think it's no longer available). Other than Fulton Armory (which uses USGI receivers), my understanding is that it's cost-prohibitive to make a a true Garand clone.

ETA: Chuck beat me to it.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
CMP just released a batch of Rack Grade rifles. Historically, CMP grades rifles conservatively - and you will receive a rifle in much better condition than the minimum grading criteria.

CMP is offering a WRA Special Rack Grade for $700. The CMP WRA Special Rack Grade (.30-06) M1 Garand, is a partially refurbished rifle with a refinished M1 WRA receiver, new production criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver is the only part of the rifle that has been refinished. Remainder of the other parts have NOT been refinished.
Receiver will have heavy pitting above the wood line.
Please visit our website for more information on our rifles availability and mail order form.
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/