• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Classing up for API

I finished IFS yesterday and I start API tomorrow. There are still 9 seats open for this API class though. There has been an issue with not meeting quota's for API classes since they centralized IFS in the Pcola area and took it away from rotc units. So, just a heads up to those in IFS now and those reporting to A-Pool IFS complete, you might class up for API real quick. IFS is still pretty backed up though.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
When I left work today (Flight management) There were three seats left. If the above applies to you (IFS complete, NOMI complete) you've either been called or will be called.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I hear that those of us who don't need IFS will class up within days (either BOLTC or API). All I know is I'm taking advantage of the 23 days of leave I was just granted before coming back for API. :)

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
What sucks is that there are quite a few Marines who are IFS complete who wont even sniff a seat in API till November. Brothers in arms right? Hook us up!

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
What sucks is that there are quite a few Marines who are IFS complete who wont even sniff a seat in API till November. Brothers in arms right? Hook us up!

Dude, relax. There's no hurry. You make the same kinda paycheck whether you're getting hammered with friends or studying 16 hrs a day. Be happy you don't start until later, brotha.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
I know all you guys are waiting on pins and needles to start, but try to enjoy the time you have right now before you get into this whole vicious cycle. One day you'll look back on API as nothing more than an outlet of bitter instructors and only a small blip in your career.

So, try to enjoy the town as much as you can. I'm sure you'll all be called soon enough. Good luck to you.

MasterBates

I don't remember them being bitter.

I DO remember the Physiologist that let us guess heavy metal songs off the 1st 10 seconds of the song.

I was 9 for 10, but I thought "Man on the Silver Mountain" was a Dio-Era Sabbath song, not Dio as a solo artist.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
I DO remember the Physiologist that let us guess heavy metal songs off the 1st 10 seconds of the song.

We had some crap eye doc who only played 80's love songs and hummed while he worked.

We didn't ask, and he didn't tell......but an understanding was there.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
When I left work today (Flight management) There were three seats left. If the above applies to you (IFS complete, NOMI complete) you've either been called or will be called.

I just hope they aren't letting seats go unfilled when there are qualified Marines ready to go.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Wow, you have a lot to learn don't you? :)

Nothing makes sense, EVER. :D

Yea, I was thinking something similar. Good of you to be motivated and all, really, it is. But who the fuck cares? Seriously... Wake up at 1000 tomorrow morning and watch the news in your underwear over a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. Go buy some charcoal, steaks and beer from the grocery store after lunch. Then proceed to get hammered as you stoke the coals for your fire. Be too drunk to remember to flip your steak and eat it with one really crunchy side. Enjoy that stuff, man. Now that's "gouge" if you ever heard it.

guim13

I have a buddy who has been waiting to go to flight school since he graduated in may 06, and he cant start api until nov. I just want to point out that some people are a year and a half out of college waiting for flight school. I drank with him while at Travis, and that was a long time ago

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I have a buddy who has been waiting to go to flight school since he graduated in may 06, and he cant start api until nov. I just want to point out that some people are a year and a half out of college waiting for flight school. I drank with him while at Travis, and that was a long time ago

That's nuts.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I like the name and avatar of our newb.....NAVYWAREAGLE!!! Go get em tiger :icon_smil

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well so much for 23 days of leave. I just got a call today saying I'm classing up next week and I gotta get my butt back here in 6 days. Haha. Such is life in the Navy, I guess.:icon_tong