• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
While I retain the right to question the judgment of certain GOFOs (and comment on it only in private), I love when I stumble on short clips like this, showing the depth and breadth of a leader's knowledge, judgment, and thought. I found CJCS' comments sharp, with just the right amount of emotional content.

While some AWers don't care for him, I had a similar experience watching ADM McRaven speak at NPS.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the ACSB process, or more specifically, career management leading to the board, but it seems like we do okay at screening for O-7 and up.

Last edited:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
"I've read Mao... Marx... Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist."

That might be the smartest thing I've heard anyone say yet on this topic. (And I do like that he slyly compared it to those works.)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I've read Mao... Marx... Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist."

That might be the smartest thing I've heard anyone say yet on this topic. (And I do like that he slyly compared it to those works.)
Plenty of us were saying as much in other threads where unbridled hysteria appears to be the default state of being for some. C’est la vie.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Maybe I'm being dense...maybe they shouldn't have signed me in for some sort of training I may or may not have been present for #Reservist, but I'm not seeing this on DoD reading lists? I just looked up a couple and didn't see it. It's the normal stuff: 1776, The Art of War, etc.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
And yet none of the other books mentioned are being suggested for servicemen

The Quran was on the TBS reading list when I was there in 2009. There were a few others of similar subject matter that (then) Col Smith recommended us to read.

Also, there is a lot of hate around here for books when the going guidance for PME is "It's only a lot of reading if you do it."

We all know 99.5% of people aren't going to read the books on the reading list, no matter what they are.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Let’s just cover all the cop outs in one post. It’s ok to recommend an overtly racist book by an extremist advocating extremism because:

Ive read other books I disagreed with.

No one reads the reading list books anyway.

It’s good to read extremist viewpoints and trying to understand them as long as they’re the viewpoints of the right extremists.

Anything else?