• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

TyKing

pilot
We want to ban abortion as Pro-Life, but conservative Pro-Lifers don't want to raise the (unwanted) kid once it's born

This is pretty off topic but I don't know how you could come to this conclusion. Most Pro-Life advocates or organizations are a hundred percent on board for rasing the kids. Most organizations in this camp are huge advocates for adoption and have very robust systems in place to either help the mother get on her feet to raise her child or connect them with a family who is willing to adopt their child.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You’d have a hard time on this site finding any posts suggesting that historical justices haven’t happened, or any posts denying that there’s work to be done. Your suggestion to the contrary is the only real hand waiving going on here.

Two more things can be true at once:

1) The US has dark stains on its soul and there’s lasting impacts to minority communities that are a problem to this day.

2) CRT is not the solution to this problem. CRT, being defined in my post as the way the radicals have transformed it into the mainstream controversy it is today. That is, the racist and discriminatory and anti-American ideology that contemporary CRT is all about.

I’m willing to bet that all the critics of CRT on this site would say they agree that 1 and 2 are not mutually exclusive, and are both true.

Your dismissal of opposing viewpoints as “hysteria” in a previous post, without any response to the actual text you’re claiming is hysteric, is both frustrating and unsurprising.
CRT is a distraction from the real issue, and I’ve already stated my feelings on it and the reaction to it by some. It’s the wrong focus.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
This is pretty off topic but I don't know how you could come to this conclusion. Most Pro-Life advocates or organizations are a hundred percent on board for rasing the kids. Most organizations in this camp are huge advocates for adoption and have very robust systems in place to either help the mother get on her feet to raise her child or connect them with a family who is willing to adopt their child.
Yeah it was of topic. I completely disagree with your statement as a rose colored glasses view of the real world.

Similar lines are drawn when it comes to viewing race.

But again, we're a bunch of middle class white guys, military officers at that, arguing about whether racism is still an issue or not, and at what level it is an issue, and whether or not a view is considered extreme or not.

I'm not sure this group has the capability to make an objective decision on this subject.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
There's that pesky little idea again where the color of your skin validates or invalidates what you're saying, not the logic or reasoning behind it.
I mean, I choose to believe folks’ lived experiences.

anyway, check out “the invisible knapsack”

croakerfish

pilot
There's that pesky little idea again where the color of your skin validates or invalidates what you're saying, not the logic or reasoning behind it.

The problem with that reasoning is that 99% of the time these discussions don’t revolve around reasoned evidence-based arguments. It’s not a scientific paper it’s me trying to tell you about your own damn life like I know something about it.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
But again, we're a bunch of middle class white guys, military officers at that, arguing about whether racism is still an issue or not, and at what level it is an issue, and whether or not a view is considered extreme or not.

The flip side of the coin is that many non-whites have been told for so long that all their problems and everything thing they dislike in life is caused by racism against them (by the woke left, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Lou Farrakhan, etc.) that I don’t think they are objective either.

For example, leaders from the left and black community constantly claimed that the whites not liking President Obama were obviously racist and it could not have had anything to do with not liking his policies.

Obviously racism still exists but separating the wheat from the chaff seems be the major problem. You have to identify what is truly racist before you can effectively get everyone on board to fight it. Labeling everything as racism is not the solution and will not get any “buy in” from the majority of the white population.

CRT promotes a victim mentality to justify revenge. Telling whites to apologize for being white is absurd. Telling society to start discriminating against whites and giving non-whites an institutionalized advantage over whites as a societal policy is just going to alienate whites and increase actual racism.

Birdbrain

pilot
Over the past 60 years the Black community has been attacked by various forces. Marriage rates have bottomed out, divorce rates have ballooned, children born without a stable two parent household are more common, Black babies are more likely to be aborted than any other race, Black on Black crime and gang membership is seen as a normal part of city life, Black drug use is on the rise...the list goes on.

Whatever is driving these results is the problem not the color of anybody's skin. Skin color is just that; a color. It doesn't define you. It's just part of you. What you do defines you. That's what one of the greatest voices of Black leadership, MLK, tried to tell people before he was shot by a racist.

number9

Contributor
Whatever is driving these results is the problem not the color of anybody's skin. Skin color is just that; a color. It doesn't define you. It's just part of you. What you do defines you. That's what one of the greatest voices of Black leadership, MLK, tried to tell people before he was shot by a racist.
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your post, but to say "skin color doesn't define you, according to a black leader who was assassinated because of the color of his skin" somewhat disproves your point. No?

SELRES_AMDO

Over the past 60 years the Black community has been attacked by various forces. Marriage rates have bottomed out, divorce rates have ballooned, children born without a stable two parent household are more common, Black babies are more likely to be aborted than any other race, Black on Black crime and gang membership is seen as a normal part of city life, Black drug use is on the rise...the list goes on.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

MLK said:
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character "

In my opinion and personal experiences, we as a nation are still a long way from what MLK advocated.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

MLK said:
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character "

In my opinion and personal experiences, we as a nation are still a long way from what MLK advocated.
"America freed the slaves in 1863 through the Emancipation Proclamation of Abraham Lincoln, but gave the slaves no land, nothing in reality to get started on. At the same time, America was giving away millions of acres of land in the west and the Midwest, which meant that there was a willingness to give the white peasants from Europe an economic base and yet it refused to give its black peasants from Africa who came here involuntarily, in chains, and had worked for free for 244 years, any kind of economic base. So Emancipation for the Negro was really freedom to hunger. It was freedom to the winds and rains of heaven. It was freedom without food to eat or land to cultivate and therefore it was freedom and famine at the same time. And when white Americans tell the negro to lift himself by his own bootstraps they don’t look over the legacy of slavery and segregation. I believe we ought to do all we can and seek to lift ourselves by our own bootstraps but it’s a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps. And many negroes by the thousands and millions have been left bootless as a result of all of these years of oppression and as a result of a society that has deliberately made his color a stigma and something worthless and degrading. "