• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have been a recruiter, OIC of officer programs recruiting, and senior augment to a Recruiting District CO. The Navy does not target "poor" neighborhoods. It is a business decision. Spending time and money in a market that produces a very small percentage of qualified applicants of the greater pool of candidates is a waste. In actuality, enlisted recruiters target the best high schools in their assigned area. Debate why it is the case and possible solutions, but the fact is, most high schools in the poor neighborhoods imagined here are academicly crappy. The kids are more likely to be medically unqualified as well. There is no percentage in targeting poor people. Recruiting Command targets the highest quality applicants they can get, informed by diversity interests.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I have been a recruiter, OIC of officer programs recruiting, and senior augment to a Recruiting District CO. The Navy does not target "poor" neighborhoods. It is a business decision. Spending time and money in a market that produces a very small percentage of qualified applicants of the greater pool of candidates is a waste. In actuality, enlisted recruiters target the best high schools in their assigned area. Debate why it is the case and possible solutions, but the fact is, most high schools in the poor neighborhoods imagined here are academicly crappy. The kids are more likely to be medically unqualified as well. There is no percentage in targeting poor people. Recruiting Command targets the highest quality applicants they can get, informed by diversity interests.
How dare they target minorities to send them off to die!

How dare they not target minorities and send white males off to die!

nodropinufaka

Interesting.
Cause Rand did a study and found that Army recruiters targeting schools that had more kids qualified for reduced or free lunch.

The ones that didn’t had less applicants interested.

They also rarely ever tried private schools because it was low applicant pool.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
General recruiting and recruiting for combat arms and related specialties isn't exactly the same thing.

FWIW, we lost three KIA over nine months when I was on my IA: a medic, a tanker, and a cavalryman. All three were white boys. I can't remember the breakdown of our wounded though, I don't have their pictures.

(The notion that minorities get killed in battle disproportionately more might have been true fifty years ago, during Vietnam when there was a draft, but when people say it in regards to present day wars I find it kind of uninformed and kind of offensive too.)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Well if you knew anything about OSD policy it’s run by civilians and flag officers implement the policy at CCMD level down.
I didn’t realize that was different from every other DoD policy. Oh yeah it’s not. And just like virtually every argument you’ve made on this site, you still haven’t supported it.

nodropinufaka

I didn’t realize that was different from every other DoD policy. Oh yeah it’s not. And just like virtually every argument you’ve made on this site, you still haven’t supported it.

I at least have experience in things I bring up and supported it.

But you gonna see what you gonna see.

But according to some on this site- if you didn't deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan you are unqualified to speak on the issues surrounding it.

Same with being an officer.

I welcome criticisms to the officer corps and Dod regardless of the people served.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I at least have experience in things I bring up and supported it.

But you gonna see what you gonna see.

But according to some on this site- if you didn't deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan you are unqualified to speak on the issues surrounding it.

Same with being an officer.

I welcome criticisms to the officer corps and Dod regardless of the people served.
You haven’t supported shit. People have asked over and over and you can’t support your emotions with facts. It’s becoming increasingly clear you may just not be equipped for it.

No one said you can’t have an opinion of Iraq or Afghanistan. I said it’s flabbergasting that someone who was actually in the military was so thoroughly insulated from the wars we fought for 20 years. It was a perspective I’d expect from a child or a “what are my chances” post.

Also I guess you’re incapable of seeing the irony in claiming to have experience in the topics you discuss, then switch to Iraq and Afghanistan. Oof.

Pags

N/A
pilot
We should have it again.
No.

I know many of us found value and different perspectives that we find valuable from our military experiences. But all of us and those we served with wanted to be there. Giving everyone a short haircut and teaching them to march for 1yr isn't going to do anything useful for anyone.

nodropinufaka

You haven’t supported shit. People have asked over and over and you can’t support your emotions with facts. It’s becoming increasingly clear you may just not be equipped for it.

No one said you can’t have an opinion of Iraq or Afghanistan. I said it’s flabbergasting that someone who was actually in the military was so thoroughly insulated from the wars we fought for 20 years. It was a perspective I’d expect from a child or a “what are my chances” post.

Also I guess you’re incapable of seeing the irony in claiming to have experience in the topics you discuss, then switch to Iraq and Afghanistan. Oof.
Insulated?

How do you know I didn't deploy?