• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

nodropinufaka

You think this would be a photo from a long time ago. It isn't. This is from recent enough that if a Captain served a 30+ years hed have only retired in the 1990s/early 2000s.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Nobody said Barr’s policy affected me personally. I didn’t even say that.

I do love how worked up everyone’s getting cause they’re conservative to the core and can’t stand any ideas other then their own.

same thing happened in the climate change thread where @HAL Pilot and @Treetop Flyer denied climate change and science for 10+ pages.

Guess I will stop now.

what’s that saying?

a man convinced against his will or something
feel free to point out where i said they are the source of all my problems.

You're literally arguing with people he're, then said they are all getting worked up because they are too conservative to consider any other viewpoint, and you made a post in response to "why did you have to work 10x harder and how did you do it?" by creating a list of conservative politicians.

nodropinufaka

Since you cite the era, name one modern, racist law or EO enacted by Repubicans since the late 80's.
Reagans war on drugs.

It gave harsher punishments for crack cocaine possession (used more commonly by Black defendants) than powder cocaine (used more commonly by white defendants) – even though it’s two versions of the same drug.

It took until 2010 for Obama to stop that.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
You think this would be a photo from a long time ago. It isn't. This is from recent enough that if a Captain served a 30+ years hed have only retired in the 1990s/early 2000s.

I don't really understand that; would be curious to see the context of it.

I could retort with the same question of: "why do we have a Black Engineer of the Year" as an annual award? Can you imagine the uproar if we had a "White Engineer of the Year Award?"

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Reagans war on drugs.

It gave harsher punishments for crack cocaine possession (used more commonly by Black defendants) than powder cocaine (used more commonly by white defendants) – even though it’s two versions of the same drug.

It took until 2010 for Obama to stop that.

I'll second this; although I suspect, like Clinton's policies, the intentions weren't racist, but the outcomes certainly led to vastly different outcomes highly segregated along lines of race.

nodropinufaka

You're literally arguing with people he're, then said they are all getting worked up because they are too conservative to consider any other viewpoint, and you made a post in response to "why did you have to work 10x harder and how did you do it?" by creating a list of conservative politicians.
Go ahead and point that out. I didn't create that list. Someone else posted it. I simply said they were responsible for some racist policies. I didn't blame or put any of my issues on them.

In fact my statement of me having to work harder due to the situation I was born into had nothing to do with any of the politicians or anything like that. Go back and re-read and feel free to point out.

In fact- if you go read through the thread you will see I didn't blame any politicians.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Go ahead and point that out. I didn't create that list. Someone else posted it. I simply said they were responsible for some racist policies. I didn't blame or put any of my issues on them.

In fact my statement of me having to work harder due to the situation I was born into had nothing to do with any of the politicians or anything like that. Go back and re-read and feel free to point out.

In fact- if you go read through the thread you will see I didn't blame any politicians.

And yet you still haven't answered to anyone here who was either for you for a while (me?) or at least against your arguments (@HAL Pilot @Treetop Flyer @MGoBrew11 etc.) as to "what policies remain in effect that are systemically against minorities," and "how did you work 10x harder and why?"

Treetop Flyer

pilot

You’re lying. You said they were responsible for policies that were racist at their core. You couldn’t prove it and so far you don’t have the character to admit it.

nodropinufaka

And yet you still haven't answered to anyone here who was either for you for a while (me?) or at least against your arguments (@HAL Pilot @Treetop Flyer @MGoBrew11 etc.) as to "what policies remain in effect that are systemically against minorities," and "how did you work 10x harder and why?"

What do you want me to tell you?

You want me to go through my childhood and list out how I grew up without access to good education and healthcare?

How sometimes my parents had to choose between seeing a doctor for one of our injuries or being able to feed us for the month?

Not having money or adequate health care for my family. My mom and dad not being able to see doctors either cause the money aspect. My mom being mistaken for the housekeeper when we went to the grocery store. My dad couldn't find work either.

Its was your basic growing up poor.

And then when your parents are poor and you are older you have to choose between moving on with your own life or abandoning your parents who sacrificed for your.

And I didnt even have it that bad compared to my friends.

But compared to my wife who comes from money and went straight to college funded by her parents and then got a good job I had way more struggles through my life.

So yea its easy to compare and see that it was way harder on me.

10x is a quantifiable number and I will admit that being able to quantify it is difficult but it is a very night and day experience compared to my wife who came from money.