• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I never share my background or upbringing.
Except you have said you are brown, from a Pacific Island and had to work 10x harder than anyone else.

Also very hypocritical that you don’t want people assuming things and judging you based on your background and upbringing yet you’ve continually done that with everything I’ve said about mine.

nodropinufaka

Except you have said you are brown, from a Pacific Island and had to work 10x harder than anyone else.

Also very hypocritical that you don’t want people assuming things and judging you based on your background and upbringing yet you’ve continually done that with everything I’ve said about mine.
Cause I did have to work harder.

Did I say that there were people that didn't work harder then me? No. Cause there were guys who had it was worst then I did.

But anytime someone says that they had it worst, conservatives flip out and claim it isnt the case. And the reason I had to work harder was cause of racist policies and laws from my grandparents era that had effects on my parents.

How is it victimhood if it is the truth?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I know you're making jokes but I'd like to hear your opinion on if the LT saying that is appropriate?

I've heard that sort of statement from so many Officers that I lost count. Is saying someone is there because of affirmative action an appropriate thing to say to your coworkers? Because judging by the amount of times I heard it most see nothing wrong with it.
Dude/dudette everybody has said that was inappropriate! I feel like y’all have a reading comprehension problem. But that is not systemic racism as claimed! That‘s an asshole being a racist asshole! And blaming ALL white people and saying it is their fault is the issue.

nodropinufaka

From your posts, you still obviously see yourself as a victim despite the success you’ve had.

I have had/have a tremendous career in the Navy and outside of it.

On top of that I was extremely successful in real estate investment with the money I saved from the Navy too.

But I do see the problems I had growing up due to policies that were in place that my grandparents and parents got dealt simply cause the color of their skin.

I look back and see those problems and see my race facing the same issues today.

Is it being a victim that I want to ensure they have it better then I did and want to make sure that the government doesn't repeat itself?

There is nothing wrong with looking at the past and realizing the mechanisms that were at play and looking at the current ones today and trying to address those so my kids don't face the same issues. That isn't being a victim.

nodropinufaka

Dude/dudette everybody has said that was inappropriate! I feel like y’all have a reading comprehension problem. But that is not systemic racism as claimed! That‘s an asshole being a racist asshole! And blaming ALL white people and saying it is their fault is the issue.

But is that person may be taking that implicit bias with him into the institution and making choices based on that.

That is the issue.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Cause I did have to work harder.

Did I say that there were people that didn't work harder then me? No. Cause there were guys who had it was worst then I did.

But anytime someone says that they had it worst, conservatives flip out and claim it isnt the case. And the reason I had to work harder was cause of racist policies and laws from my grandparents era that had effects on my parents.

How is it victimhood if it is the truth?
I know you’re stuck on conservatives.. I would like to learn more on your thoughts of your democratic heroes that I listed.

Who called Tim Scott, an Uncle Tim? Those big bad conservatives or the other guys? Did he not work hard enough to be part of the club?

SELRES_AMDO

I can read just fine.

My point is I've heard that statement from multiple people in literally every command I've been in and a lot of the people saying it were in senior leadership positions. A lot of others that I know had a similar experience.

Do you think that some people may view it has a systematic issue if every single command they go to they hear the same rhetoric from senior Officers? Or is everyone just being too sensitive and they need to suck it up?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
What u talking about I posted the articles for you.
I like this one even more. Coney-Barrett is racist because... (checks notes) she interprets the law according to the law instead of social justice sentiments of the day.

Do you even realize how fucking ridiculous you sound with this? That’s her JOB!

nodropinufaka

I know you’re stuck on conservatives.. I would like to learn more on your thoughts of your democratic heroes that I listed.

Who called Tim Scott, an Uncle Tim? Those big bad conservatives or the other guys? Did he not work hard enough to be part of the club?
I don’t like democrats either if I am being honest.

most of them go to far and try their best to appease people.

Clinton? Terrible person. Husband Bill is too. She was a straight warmonger. Voted for the Iraq war and was against gay marriage. But said anything to get a vote. Was her kid going to Iraq? No. (the song fortunate son sums up that situation well) oh and the emails and Benghazi

Biden? Terrible terrible person. Almost senile. Same thing as Clinton. Says anything for a vote. Career politician. Full of it. He had a very rough life though with the loss of his kids and first wife and then losing Beau in his 40s and prob wanted to leave politics all together but they needed him to take out Trump.

Kamala Harris? Hilary Clinton all over again. How she’s considered a democrat is beyond me considering her policies and how many people she’s locked up for minor drug offenses. Not even mentioning her personal life.

Bernie Sanders? Full of shit. Rich people are the boogie men and promises the world. Meanwhile he’s off loaded with money in his Vermont lake house and his second home. Never once enacted a good legislation. 40+ years of doing jack shit but saying anything to get votes for poor people. Never actually made a difference.

Bill Clinton? Terrible person. Sexual misogynistic pervert. Corrupt as can be. Promised everyone one thing and took office and did whatever. Didn’t help poor people or policies one bit. Continued DADT. Didn’t resolve any conflicts in the Middle East and left a huge mess for Bush too. Partially responsible for the 2008 housing market crash. Inherented a good economy and claimed it was him.

Al Gore- complete piece of work. Flies around a private jet and does nothing sustainable but made a lot of money off of climate change and then proceeded to do nothing once he got the money.

I liked Obama and a lot of his work. The ACA was important step forward and so was his work with criminal justice reform and the environment. Disagreed strongly With his minimalist foreign policy and how much he let ISIS grow before something had to be done. He also dropped the ball on Syria threatening them if they used CW and when they did he chickened out.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Cause I did have to work harder... But anytime someone says that they had it worst, conservatives flip out and claim it isnt the case. And the reason I had to work harder was cause of racist policies and laws from my grandparents era that had effects on my parents.
No one is 'flipping out.'

Your assertion that you had to 'work harder' isn't based on objective evidence (i.e. output), but rather that at some point you were conditioned to think that because you are a minority you must have had it worse.

Consider the possibility that you didn't work any harder than the average American to earn an appointment as a Naval officer. What else were the keys to your success?

I would then offer you to consider that anyone of any race or gender could apply those principles to be successful for themselves.

And if we can accept that anyone of any race or gender can learn from your success, then we can also conclude that systemic racism is bullshit.