• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Choice of Aircraft after Flight School

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd think: EA-6B, Electric Rhino, Rhinos East, Rhinos West, Hornets East/West/Miramar. That's 7, no?

Correct, Growlers, Prowlers, Rhinos East, Rhinos West, Charlies East, Charlies West, Charlies Miramar

And no Deltas for Navy types FWIW (except in the charlie FRS)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Helos had 13 choices out of advanced when I finished.

It was the same when I winged and one of my friends (with pretty good grades) got his 12th choice. Needs of the Navy. Be ready for any possibility.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
And when I selected out of helo's everyone went HSC... Which I can't complain about, but it just goes to further reinforce that whole timing thing.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Correct, Growlers, Prowlers, Rhinos East, Rhinos West, Charlies East, Charlies West, Charlies Miramar

And no Deltas for Navy types FWIW (except in the charlie FRS)

The selections out of Advanced have to do with how the monitor assigns slots to each TW and when the RAGs have spots, IMO. In the same week that guys in Meridian got their lowest choices, (I heard there were mostly hornets and growlers rather than rhinos) the navy guys from Kingsville all got rhinos except for the one who wanted growlers got prowlers.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The selections out of Advanced have to do with how the monitor assigns slots to each TW and when the RAGs have spots, IMO. In the same week that guys in Meridian got their lowest choices, (I heard there were mostly hornets and growlers rather than rhinos) the navy guys from Kingsville all got rhinos except for the one who wanted growlers got prowlers.

Yeah saw the same. We had a pretty even split between Hornets and Rhinos, though I think the guys who got Hornets got them because they wanted Oceana. I can't complain about the sweet deal I got (Hornets Miramar), but I did have Prowlers at the top of my list, so what you say makes sense. I heard there were none to give in TW1

altuc

picklesuit - Yes, ive watched Top Gun, but ive also watched JAG. ;) The RIO's on the show that they show looks like a genuinely fun position. I think its called a WSO now... not sure. If I went towards Naval Aviator, i'd want to fly C-2's, and I hear its very, very hard to get.

60flyer - I have a while to go before I have to make a decision like this, but NFO seemed like it brought more options. Could be wrong.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought Miramar for Hornets was just for Marine types now?

And altuc, JAG =/= real naval aviation/Navy in general. But David James Elliot is more than welcome to be my sugar daddy. :D

altuc

Commodore - Yeah, there are a few discrepancies... But I mean c'mon, the casting is incredible. No wonder NCIS is so good.

altuc

-brings all meaning back to thread-

I mentioned I was interested in C-2 Greyhounds which go hand-in-hand with E-2 Hawkeyes; Well it says that on the C-2 there are generally a crew of 4. I take it a Pilot, NFO and 2 enlisted? If so, would the NFO act as a Nav/Comm guy?

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
-brings all meaning back to thread-

I mentioned I was interested in C-2 Greyhounds which go hand-in-hand with E-2 Hawkeyes; Well it says that on the C-2 there are generally a crew of 4. I take it a Pilot, NFO and 2 enlisted? If so, would the NFO act as a Nav/Comm guy?

2 pilots, 2 enlisted. No NFOs in COD world.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, 3 pilots, 2 NFOs, 6 enlisted on a P-3 mission crew. Senior NFO is the TACCO, junior one is the Nav.