• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking In

incubus852

pilot
i just checked in today. thought i might throw some info together for the apparent of flood of people checking in late this week and early next.

1.) go to building 633 in khakis and go to quarterdeck, on the east side of the buidling near the main entrance. if you can't find it, just ask and theyll point you the way.

2.) orders will be stamped. next go to flight management whenever it's open. same building as check in.

3.) you pick up a green folder with a bunch of papers to fill in, bring it to muster when you come next. i reported on a weds afternoon and was told to muster the next morning at 0730. they give you a little slip of paper which tells you muster times and locations.

Stuff you need to get done before you can class up. all this of this takes place in flt mgt except where noted.

1.) sign up for an anthro measurement; this isn't NOMI.
2.) sign up for a helmet fit.
3.) get a new plain black nametag. either at the NEX or apparently the 1st LT around the corner from flt mgt (same building) can do it for free.
4.) Dental - go to branch medical building, across the way from bld 633. bring your records
5.) NMCI - there was a sticky on this. all the info is there but just in case... there is a sheet on a bulletin board in flt mgt which details the procedure. you have to get a system authorization access request form from flt mgt and complete the human trafficking and info awareness NKO briefs and turn all that stuff in.

if anything is horrible wrong with this info, just correct it and my apologies in advance.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Don't forget to wear your RayBan Aviators.......and tell everyone you want jets.:D

SQUIDutah

pilot
Forgot one. KEEP FLIGHT MANAGEMENT INFORMED. But you will hear this at the brief a million times.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Go to BOQ and get orders stamped. Then ask for the BAH form. Then inquire about the PSD brief, which is "usually" every Wednesday. Make sure when you go to the bried to bring 3 copies of your orders. A couple married buddies of mine noticed their spouses were not in the system. Bring your marriage certificate because you'll need it in order to get your BAH.

Buy API PT gear from the NEX.

Turn in your medical records to Branch. OCS guys will not need a dental screening because the indoc dental visit is still up to date. You still turn in your dental records.

Go to the IFS office if you have a PPL or higher with both your medical and pilot certificates to get copied for records.

EvilGN

pilot
Even though I am no longer with API as an instructor, I will re-emphasize the NMCI account stuff. Get your account prior to classing up. If you already have an account, do not get a 2nd!

BTW NMCI is the email network that everyone is on, you will have to have a working NMCI account prior to starting primary, and the current procedure is to have it done prior to leaving API, so its just easiest to get it done in the down time prior to starting.

Crowbar

None
Buy API PT gear from the NEX.

And for the rest of your time in Florida, this is all you are allowed to wear. Renewing your car tags, checking out library books, trolling for mall ass...only API PT gear is authorized. You may, however, substitute too-tight blue jeans instead of the shorts during cold weather.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
And I've been told that brown shoes are a MUST. ;)

shiny black just doesn't cut it anymore I guess :(

EvilGN

pilot
brown v black shoe...thats a personal pref, i didnt wear brown until i EARNED my wings....superstition maybe.....or i was just too cheap to buy another pair of shoes until I had to

however, as an API instructor that did inspections, if i saw someone wearing new brown un polished leathers, i hit them on it, if you want to show up to day 0 with brown shoes, thats fine, but they better look better then everyone elses black shoes.....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And I've been told that brown shoes are a MUST. ;)

shiny black just doesn't cut it anymore I guess :(

Don't be glum! Sure it does for you. If you like black, wear them! Several thousand Blackshoes can't be wrong! Go ahead and wear them with your API PT gear on liberty, too. Make your own statement!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I never understood the "brown shoes before wings is jinxing yourself" idea. So walking around API wearing black shoes isn't jinxing yourself? Aren't you saying to the world, sure I'm here in flight school and all, but I really want to be a Blackshoe!

So, yeah. Buy brown shoes. And like Evil said, polish the things, press your khakis. Look sharp. Dirtbaggery and Shipwreckitude are privileges of the winged. :D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I never understood the "brown shoes before wings is jinxing yourself" idea. So walking around API wearing black shoes isn't jinxing yourself? Aren't you saying to the world, sure I'm here in flight school and all, but I really want to be a Blackshoe!

So, yeah. Buy brown shoes. And like Evil said, polish the things, press your khakis. Look sharp. Dirtbaggery and Shipwreckitude are privileges of the winged. :D

I personally never understood the big deal about "buy brown shoes or you are a blackshoe homo retard and fail at life". I didn't feel like spending 60 bucks on shoes, and was also kind of lazy, so I didn't buy brown shoes while I was at API. No one ever "gave me shit" about it or really cared. I have brown shoes now: I felt it is appropriate now that I am flying and in a squadron environment, TRACOM as it may be.

If you're walking around the squadron (when you happen to rarely be in khakis) in black shoes, you will probably get some stares and/or comments, but at API, who the fvck cares? You just freaking commissioned.

Bottom line: get brown shoes, but don't bunch your hosiery in the process. You aren't going to attrite from API if you wear black shoes.

Carry on everyone. Nothing to see here.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
But what % of those that wear black vs. those that wear brown get jets? That's the real question.

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
A full 43% of those that wear brown shoes get jets while just 41% of the black shoe wears get jets...

BourneID

pilot
A full 43% of those that wear brown shoes get jets while just 41% of the black shoe wears get jets...

so what if 3 people of the class wear brown shoes, and the rest wera black, you theory only works if there is a 50/50 brown to black ratio for an overall pecentage of 42