• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking In

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
so what if 3 people of the class wear brown shoes, and the rest wera black, you theory only works if there is a 50/50 brown to black ratio for an overall pecentage of 42

This sounds like the questions my API students ask. "Just push the 'I Believe' button, man". :D

BourneID

pilot
Good point, so I correct myself, I fall into the other 57%. Actually it is probably less when I look at the VP/VQ/HSL/HSM/HS percentages.

incubus852

pilot
can someone explain the damn pay system while youre in API? i'm here as a SNA, with no follow on orders and apparently i have an ACC code of 341 which means I'm on tempduty. Some people say we just get regular BAH for pensacola. some petty officer in PSD said we get a reduced BAH because we are "newly commissioned officers." I'm pretty sure that doesn't have any relevance to BAH. finally, some say we get per diem of $60/day until we hit 120 days of being here... then it switches over to BAH. wtf mate.

war eagle

Morgan, I read that link to your other post... about that info you gave - "so make sure you aren't relying on full BAH to make ends meet."

does this apply to OCS guys only or does it apply to people out of NROTC as well? just wanted to clarify because i'll be going though all this in may...

john1513

AK or bust.
pilot
@ War eagle - NROTC guys are getting full BAH. Again, that's assuming that you have no follow-on orders and have a temp-duty code. You can look up the pay scales yourself, but it's a little over $900 for an O-1 with no prior service.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
What John said...as far as I know. The reason no one really knows what to do is because there's only a handful of us who are going through this.