• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Charleston Navy Weps Base Space-A

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You don't want to stay on the NWS unless you don't mind a 20+ minute drive to anywhere you want to go. Downtown Charleston would be 30-45 minutes.

Not sure of the exact location of the AFB, but it's a few exits closer to downtown than the Navy base.

The Market St. area is mostly where everything is. Lots of restaurants and bars if you just take a walk around.

rhinoh82

Yeah, definitely stay on the Air Force Base if your going to stay on a base. It is much closer to downtown/beaches, the back gate is probably 5 minutes from I-26. Also, the AFB has a pretty decent golf course too. :)

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Thanks for all the replies! We're planning on staying at the AFB in Charleston, the Hyatt in Savannah and the Omni in Jax.

We'll def take your suggestions for restaurants etc. Thanks again everyone!

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Getting ready for the trip... wrote a list of all your great restaurant recommendations! The wife and I are big foodies so we can't wait!

Any JAX gouge? I know about the sushi place upstairs at the waterfront (Koja Sushi?) ... any other recs?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Getting ready for the trip... wrote a list of all your great restaurant recommendations! The wife and I are big foodies so we can't wait!

Any JAX gouge? I know about the sushi place upstairs at the waterfront (Koja Sushi?) ... any other recs?

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse either downtown or in Ponte Vedra.
Bonefish at Jax Beach (Best Bonefish location anywhere)
Mezza Luna..classy Italian...brick pizza oven....Atlantic Beach
Drink at The Ritz, The Bricks at Jax Beach, and Lemon Bar at Atlantic Beach.
Twisted Martini dowtown at the landing.