• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Change of Option to Marine Option for Aviation Contract

Nick Termini

I am currently an NROTC Navy Option Midshipman 3/C on scholarship hoping to switch to Marine Option to get a flight contract. I've been told there are only 5 slots nationwide for such a switch, making it quite competitive, but I know the Marine Corps is looking for pilots so a good set of ASTB scores would help my application. I was wondering if anybody knew of anything in particular the boards are looking for in the change of option candidates such as myself OTHER THAN good a GPA, ASTB, and PFT or if they're in a similar situation. As a disclaimer: I do realize there is a possibility of getting the change of option but not necessarily the flight contract, and I am prepared to face that.

Nick Termini

Yes, I have spoken with my MOI about this and he's suggested a number of things, I just wanted to know if anyone has any other ideas.