• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of getting jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesonder

I was wondering what the chances are for getting jets? I understnad that it is very competitive but do you need to be in the top 5, top 10 in your class to get jets? Also I read that I could increace my chances if go to the airforce primary instead of the navy primary. I'm up for the JAN 2010 boards so any idia of what it would look like then?

E26

It always depends. There is not set number.

Use the search function.

I think you may have destroyed any future you had in the Navy. God have mercy on you.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Oh dear god what have you done...

party0051.gif

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Dave, I sure hope you have some good tupperware in which to store the can of worms you just opened...

And I just spoke with the CNO. His words were that 42% of JAN 10 selectees were getting jets. So there's your answer...

In reality, there is no way to tell what your chances of getting jets are. Providing you get picked up, make it through OCS and all, your chances of getting jets is based on the needs of the Navy first, your class second and coming in a distant 600th, what you actually want.

Of note... everyone in my primary class that wanted jets got jets...

I will hunt you, I will find you, I will jam you...

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
The chances of you getting jets are roughly the same as getting herpes. Why would you want to do either?

Status
Not open for further replies.