• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG types to be SEALs

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting, I wonder why. Manning issues with the expansion of NSW? Just a nice hand out to the Coasties? Or are they going to be the TRA consultants that the SEAL's so desperately need? :D

And how the heck did you find this out? Do you regularly prowl around the USCG sites looking for opportunities? ;)

Zissou

Banned
I know the CG had at one point stood up a Tier-One Unit, I met some in 2006 at a school. Maybe they intend to send them through BUD/S now?

EDIT: Nope I just checked, they will be on loan to NSW for five-seven years and will serve at SEAL Team.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Do they still have the height requirement to join the Coast Guard, and would it apply for this program?

Zissou

Banned
I would assume that all candidates for BUD/S must meet the existing standards irrespective of branch.

On a side note this adds a whole new edge to the "USCG is or is not part of the military" argument I watched here not long ago.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I know the CG had at one point stood up a Tier-One Unit, I met some in 2006 at a school. Maybe they intend to send them through BUD/S now?

EDIT: Nope I just checked, they will be on loan to NSW for five-seven years and will serve at SEAL Team.

Any significance to the LE aspect of the CG when combined w/ NSW?

Zissou

Banned
If a Coastie wanted to be a SEAL, why not join the Navy in the 1st place?

Well many enlisted students are only allowed to recycle once or twice after injuries. So, the USCG may appeal to alot of people who wouldn't enjoy SW if the NSW path doesnt work out for that reason.

If they go USCG just in case they quit? Like a back up plan? Thats the only plan that will actually happen.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Scoob,

Posse Comitatus.

Let's pray that is never broken.
Z

Exactly - but CG is not restricted by that. A LEDET w/ some serious door-kicker skills would be interesting...but maybe that wouldn't exactly fall under the constraints of LE, then.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Exactly - but CG is not restricted by that. A LEDET w/ some serious door-kicker skills would be interesting...but maybe that wouldn't exactly fall under the constraints of LE, then.

Or if the NSW unit w/ attached Coastie could change OPCON and all of a sudden become a LE tool. Or maybe that's what you were saying. Still pretty interesting. Navy helos can shoot now, maybe SEALs will be kicking down doors (an oversimplified view, I know).