• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG CO relieved

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Can't be much worse than what we have now.

Leadership isn't a popularity contest, we all know that, but at the same time superiors are frequently not in a position to comprehensively evaluate their subordinates.

The "360 degree evaluation" has been shown to work in the civilian sector, and while they don't charge up hills in the face of withering machinegun fire...etc...etc, neither does 99.9% of the military. People are people. Do it like the Olympics and toss the high and low scores and give it as an advisory to the board. At least it might be a useful counterpoint. If your boss gives you an RV of 100 and your peers and subordinates give you an 80, maybe it's a big red flag that you're a Courtney Massengale.

Clux4

Banned
Don't know if anyone picked up the latest MarineCorps Times. Apparently there is female Colonel at MCRD San Diego whose story of abuse seems to fit the Graf MO. Front page story for those that care.

None
Guy I worked for got into a screaming match with the Panama Canal pilot during a transit.

Used to be the only two places in the world a CO relinquishes control over his/her ship's movements: the Panama Canal and upon crossing the sill into Drydock. In reality, he should have been smart enough to not argue with someone who not only knows better than he did, also had authority to tell the CO to sit down and STFU.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If a CO threw a mug at me or caused me any bodily harm, I would make sure he always remembered where he crossed the line. If he even thinks of pulling that shit with me, it is because the last guy did not teach him a lesson.
My heavens Clux, you are one bad dude!:sleep_125
BzB

nonameformerswo

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2010/01/ap_cowpens_cofired_011310/

This past year (12 months, not calendar year) has seen a LOT of CO's relieved, although the reason behind this one goes way out past the usual stuff (failed inspections/zipper control/mishaps)

As a former SWO I share my disgust for the few officers who must have been born under a rock and think that wearing a stripe on their sleeve entitles them to treat others poorly. The vast majority of officers I remember were decent people with solid middle class values. In my experience these troubled officers came from underpriveleged family backgrounds where they were not taught how behave properly. They were taught defensive mechanisms to deal with what in their minds were the upper classes oppressing and enslaving them. Hence, they lash out at you by calling you an elitist or a bigot instead of stepping back and looking at themselves. How politically incorrect for me to say it's a class thing in an egalitarian society where your "entitled" to move up if you "work" hard. Actually, your supposed to have the ability when you move up but somebody forgot to tell these people that. Hitler "worked" hard and moved up by bullying and killing people and suppressing anybody who spoke out against him. That is he killed anybody who was learned and saw through his motives. So it seems in this country now that people who came from the higher social classes to begin with (learned in the law, sciences, and religion) and the ability to lead the country out of poverty are penalized for being themselves. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to exercise my first ammendment rights and have an opportunity to be heard. Now I can expect to get a notice telling me when and where I am to report to the concentration camp...

"If you want to be king, the first thing we do is kill all the lawyers..."

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Seriously? Are you retarded or just a troll?

They were bad COs because they were poor growing up? Everyone has a psychopathology, and maybe there's someone out there with the one you described, but I bet most of the relieved COs grew up in the same sort of socioeconomic background as you. Well, maybe not you, Mr. Rockefeller, but the same as most of those on the board.

Perhaps we should reinstate the practice of buying commissions to prove that one has a proper background to become an officer.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Perhaps we should reinstate the practice of buying commissions to prove that one has a proper background to become an officer.

or we could just not allow people to post within hours of joining? Call it a breaking in / warming up / watching and learning phase..