• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Centennial of Naval Aviation Kick Off San Diego

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Little known fact: the whiz quiz actually falls under the 4th Amendment, not the 5th, as the law considers it a contraband search.

Please let me be done with Legal O school soon.

KBayDog

Old school traditions, not the modern crap.

BTW...did you know that everytime I use iespell to check my posts it want to chang KBayDog to lapdog??????

No, but did you know that every time I use iespell to check HAL Pilot, it wants to change you to "Lucky retired SOB who deserves a pen to the thorax because he's old school, not modern, and doesn't have to put up with the shit perpetuated by 'the man'"?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's ok KBay....I'm sure all the women flock to pilots just like the movies right?? What was the name of that movie where the pilots were wearing their whites and serenading women at the Miramar bar?? I thought the real Navy played beach vollyball and had oiled skin!! In all seriousness, I don't really want to hang out at the bar by myself, so where ever you guys wanna drink is fine with me.

Yeah... tell a chick you're a Navy Pilot in a military town... THAT will work, and certainly hasn't been tried before! :p

I usually answer the "what do you do for a living?" with something completely ludicrous ... at least for the first few minutes while you're getting to know them, before they really "need" to know.

"What do I do? Oh, well... I'm a lamp inspector. You know that little sticker... the one that just says "26"? Yeah... nice to meet you!"

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
What about some of the watering holes on Orange Ave in Coronado?

I'm down for that - I'd rather not have to venture off the island.

BTW, the ferry/water taxi would probably be a good way on to the island that day...

PBF

I was at the CoNA media-day event at MCAS Miramar today. All the TV stations were there to get footage of the Mayor of San Diego getting a ride in an F/A-18. The real story was further down the flight line, an airliner full of Marines arriving back from Afghanistan, and their familes waiting to greet them!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I was at the CoNA media-day event at MCAS Miramar today. All the TV stations were there to get footage of the Mayor of San Diego getting a ride in an F/A-18. The real story was further down the flight line, an airliner full of Marines arriving back from Afghanistan, and their familes waiting to greet them!

I had no idea that was going down, and when I walked by the ready room there were like 5 cameras and the mayor wearing my buddies' gear.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
CONA Flyover

Just found out that the VFA-146 "Blue Diamonds", the Grandchildren of my combat Alma Mater VA-146 ('65-'67, A-4Cs), will participate in the USS STENNIS's CVW-9 flyover @ NAS NORIS tomorrow. My Sons & I will be viewing from Point Loma to avoid the crowds at MIDWAY Museum, & the Coronado gridlock. :turtle_12

Looks like the basic pattern for the mass flyover will start over the 'nado bridge, heading NW up the bay past MIDWAY, then turning port to remain over the bay, circling the airfield then heading south out to sea. The STENNIS Airwing flyover will start out to sea, and cross directly over the NORIS airfield heading NNW. :hot_anima

*Shameless plug by a proud former Blue Diamond! :icon_hear
BzB

Attachments

• Flight Jacket 003.jpg
    Flight Jacket 003.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 53
  • A-4C (149567).jpg
    A-4C (149567).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Patch VA-146.jpg
    Patch VA-146.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 26
  • VFA-146-3.jpg
    VFA-146-3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 39

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Damn!! I miss San Dawg but after this thread...... Hmmmmm How long will it take a Sierra to get there? 3-4 days?