• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Caution to SNA/NFO prospects

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/arwg/Pages/AeromedicalReferenceandWaiverGuide.aspx

Hey all... probably common knowledge, but above is the most current record of Navy Medical standards for aviation...

rah

This.

Initially, this thread spooked me (got my kidney stones waived so I'm PQW) but I literally printed off a copy of the Aeromedical Waiver Guide for Urology and filled out the test portion with two sets of test data and keep the copies in my medical folder in case it ever comes up (which I fully expect it will).

Igloojam

pilot
This.

Initially, this thread spooked me (got my kidney stones waived so I'm PQW) but I literally printed off a copy of the Aeromedical Waiver Guide for Urology and filled out the test portion with two sets of test data and keep the copies in my medical folder in case it ever comes up (which I fully expect it will).

Bruh... same here... I got my buddy who is an optometrist to write an official diagnosis of my eyes with emphasis that I passed the Randot test at 25 sec arc... it is stapled to the highlighted ophthalmology pub regarding depth perception...

@inabearsuit do you think the redesignations for former SNA's into SWO has been affecting the SWO billets?

I doubt it, there are so many open SWO billets from what I can tell. I wouldn't worry about SNA redesig's taking up SWO slots. I think a lot of the SWO candidates comes from the academy, VMI, and ROTC. But we had something 10 SWO candidates between our two divisions, and they were all OCS (obviously).

exNavyOffRec

I doubt it, there are so many open SWO billets from what I can tell. I wouldn't worry about SNA redesig's taking up SWO slots. I think a lot of the SWO candidates comes from the academy, VMI, and ROTC. But we had something 10 SWO candidates between our two divisions, and they were all OCS (obviously).

The number of SWO billets, like SNA and SNFO is about equal between OCS/USNA/NROTC

but yeah the amount of redesignations barely puts a dent in the SWO group

goldmanharry91

Was just curious. It's not like I thought a large amount of SNA candidates were DQing and going SWO. Wasn't sure how those numbers affect the total number of billets.

Sooners2812

Is it possible for civilian applicants to get lasik after being pro-rec'd and postpone FINSEL 6 months? I did some research and it looks like people did that back in 2013, but I'm wondering if things have changed since then. @NavyOffRec do you have any insight here?

exNavyOffRec

Is it possible for civilian applicants to get lasik after being pro-rec'd and postpone FINSEL 6 months? I did some research and it looks like people did that back in 2013, but I'm wondering if things have changed since then. @NavyOffRec do you have any insight here?

no, you would get TNPQ, then lose the pro rec and have to reapply. and it isn't a 6 month delay, it is 6 months after surgery that you can get the final evaluation, so you are looking more at 7 months from surgery to a PQ, then a few more months to get to OCS, so you are looking at at least 9 months.

There may have been a few people that tried to work the system with their recruiters help but that is playing with fire, if you thought you needed surgery you should have done it before.

SWOMan

another in our class is 6' 5" 245lbs and still got his NAMI letter about an hour before graduation.
How the hell did this happen when his weight is 10 lbs over the 235 max? I thought tape testing didn't apply to pilots, and if it does why am I still dieting right now hahaha.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Why would you need to get eye surgery? In order to apply you have to have a PQ N3M letter meaning you're physically qualified.

Dangle

I have 1 and a half the balls of a regular man
If you get DQed at OCS and decide not to stay, but want to reapply at a later date does that affect your chances of getting reaccepted?

For example if you get to OCS, get DQed, and your second choice is NUPOC, is it possible to turn down redesignation, apply for NUPOC, and if that doesn't work out reapply to OCS again for SWO, Supply, ect?

Sooners2812

Why would you need to get eye surgery? In order to apply you have to have a PQ N3M letter meaning you're physically qualified.

I don't need surgery, but my eyes have changed a little since I went through MEPS. I still meet the standards for SNA but its close.

Crqpilot

So I have been searching around for any current information regarding my situation but I can't seem to find any.

I had childhood ADHD and went through hell in MEPS only to find out I didn't need a waiver and was selected for SNA. According to med.navy.mil I will need a waiver to fly. With the high acceptance rates it sounds like they aren't looking for reasons to keep people around. Has anyone gotten a waiver recently for this sort of thing. Searching through the forums I know that nittany03 got a waiver for ADHD but I'm not sure how long ago that was.

I'm trying to plan for the future and any information would be greatly appreciated.