• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier Leadership

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Nice to know that, thanks, but what is the reason? Squadrons'rivalry for such privilege or CAG/DCAG indeed fly just "their" birds as either crews or passengers?
Assignment of aircraft to specific people is prohibited in the U.S. Navy. The names are typically of the most senior or most qualified aircrew in the squadron. CVW squadrons will include CAG & DCAG. In the two helo squadrons I've been in CAG and CO were on the "show" bird (also known as CAG or tail bird), while DCAG & XO's names were on the next numbered aircraft. In helo squadrons, the rest of the names will be DHs and JO HACs. There are usually more pilots than doors in a helo squadron, so not everyone makes the cut (~2:1 ratio of pilots:doors).

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
In helo squadrons, the rest of the names will be DHs and JO HACs. There are usually more pilots than doors in a helo squadron, so not everyone makes the cut (~2:1 ratio of pilots:doors).
Or old school east coast HSL, nobody gets their name on any doors.

(Which really bummed me out. When I was a kid at airshows I thought that was one of the coolest things about military aviation.)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
She’ll be the first woman to command a carrier. Anyone know if she’s also the first Helo pilot to command as well?

What @Brett327 is saying more eloquontely than I is, yes, she's the first woman; no she's not the first helo pilot to command a CVN.