• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier Landing Videos

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually it is a Prowler. I should know it was my camera and I was the flying it while my ECMO 1 was filming.
That does not sound like the inside of a Prowler. Engine noise is all wrong, but if you say so.

Brett

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The noise on the night video is NOT an S-3. Just listen to the day one for the difference. In the night one, you can tell it's not a turbo fan!

As for the O2 mask, no it is not normally worn by the crew in the S-3. The O2 bottle just isn't big enough to provide constant O2 for up to 4 people for the duration of a flight. It would provide protection to the face from flash burns during an ejection, but the community just doesn't do it. CV NATOPS has a waiver for the Hoover and a few other planes regarding wearing of the mask on a CV deck.

petescheu

You guys crack me up .... "Wipers"??? ...... please, the only time I used "wipers" was for .... well, you know what for ..... :)

Try well over 200 night traps --- every one stark terror; first to last --- with no needles, no ACLS, no Nuthin' .... except a substandard CCA with some controller who was IUT'ing on his job..... and then come talk to "us" guys about your "been there, done that" stories.

No HUD? No VV? No Needles? No Bullseye? What's that? I cringe at the thought... I love my technology. It's great being a child of the computer generation. :D
Mad props A4s... mad props. All i can say is no thank you.