• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Canadian pilot locked out of cockpit during flight

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I'm an idiot I know. I didnt catch the part about the first officer. The guy could fly the plane too correct?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
That's the problem with the media.

They always refer to the "pilot" ... like the rest of the cockpit is chopped liver. The pilot: what the hell is that???

Everyone in the cockpit is a "pilot".

Repeat after me ...

Captain
First Officer
Second Officer (three man cockpit)

.... all cockpit crewmembers are "pilots" and can fly the aircraft, except for the old days and some lingering smaller operators with "professional" Flight Engineers/Second Officers ... i.e., wrenches ... i.e., therefore ... "not pilots".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Don't you mean flight deck?
Uhhhh .... no.

Recognition test for you to study .... which one is the cockpit ... which one is the flight deck???

Time starts .... NOW!!

cockpit.jpg

skidz

adrenaline junky
OOH! OOH! I KNOW THIS ONE! PICK ME! PICK ME!!

My apologies for my lack of maturity for the moment. Although I have referred to the cockpit area as the flight deck before, but not very often.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
But do the three pilots have to be dudes to call it a cockpit?

(Daily quota of sophomoric humor filled).:)

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
no my friend, it's like spanish...

at least one man present in group - cockpit
completely female - box office

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Very good

I stand corrected, Squid...and ready to steal that comment for the future!!

skidz

adrenaline junky
Wasn't there a thread on here a while back about an all female Air Force C-130 flight crew?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Wasn't there a thread on here a while back about an all female Air Force C-130 flight crew?
Yes ... completely worthless thread.

I'm talkin' about airlines ... i.e., when guys are moved and the press is called in to accomodate a stunt for airline EEOC public relations.

By the way, in this particular instance ... two of the three females were significantly BELOW AVERAGE aviators ... and this is not secondhand information. :)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Man, that pilot is a hoser. Bet he was really just goin' back for some french fries and gravey, eh.