• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can you drink a bigger glass of kool-aid?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Okay, wow, talk about the embracing hingedom . . .

Attachments

• 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    581.2 KB · Views: 454

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Do they really count as a filthy hinge if they're in the coast guard? I always thought the differences between the services, or even different communities, kind of made it hard to pin down where hingedom begins and jo-shenanigans end.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well as COMHSCWINGPAC said.... "LCDR is the hardest rank in the Navy, because the JO's all hate you.... and the Skipper and XO hate you too."

Well said, commodore. Well said.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Well as COMHSCWINGPAC said.... "LCDR is the hardest rank in the Navy, because the JO's all hate you.... and the Skipper and XO hate you too."

Well said, commodore. Well said.

Kind of along the lines of what the VP-30 skipper told us as he promoted our rag class to JG: "Today is a good day for you gentlement. The two most worthless ranks in the navy both wear gold insignia."

I've never forgotten it.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Kind of along the lines of what the VP-30 skipper told us as he promoted our rag class to JG: "Today is a good day for you gentlement. The two most worthless ranks in the navy both wear gold insignia."

I've never forgotten it.

I was there, too and remember him saying it. I think I was more concerned about the wetting down/pay increase though that was about to happen.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

I've never forgotten it.

That is an amazing statement. I will make sure to use it from now on.

/probably in-zone on this next board
//god help me

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
I was there, too and remember him saying it. I think I was more concerned about the wetting down/pay increase though that was about to happen.

I was up front (that's what you get with a last name that starts with a B) and as I'm getting pinned the TO (hinge type) muttered under his breath "so I guess you thought that joke was pretty funny? we'll see how much free time you have now..."

turned out to be an idle threat. wizeak!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@fc2: Only if he/she were to go after you for disteacted driving taking pictures on your cell phone. SAFETY VIOLATOR! :D

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I've never forgotten it.

I was there, too .....
I was there too, I wasn't as amused as you all. :icon_rage If I recall correctly, some of you showed up LATE, and others were wearing GASP! black shoes.... the tragedy, the tragedy. I wonder how I ever survived flying with you all.

I was up front (that's what you get with a last name that starts with a B) and as I'm getting pinned the TO (hinge type) muttered under his breath "so I guess you thought that joke was pretty funny? we'll see how much free time you have now..."

turned out to be an idle threat. wizeak!
Well, I guess I won't make it so idle then. :sleep_125

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
I was there too, I wasn't as amused as you all. :icon_rage If I recall correctly, some of you showed up LATE, and others were wearing GASP! black shoes.... the tragedy, the tragedy. I wonder how I ever survived flying with you all.

Well, I guess I won't make it so idle then. :sleep_125

I've got time to get my JO shiftiness dialed in.

Not sure we were all at the same one...I was promoted in June 08.

No, we weren't, but that kind of wisdom is timeless.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not sure we were all at the same one...I was promoted in June 08.
Nope, I wasn't present at that one. Though I was there when that was said to XJ220 and scoolbubba's group, a disreputable group if there ever was one... sigh....