• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can you count to two (anchors)?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Of all the crap to get upset about in that article, that is what you choose to get bent out of shape about? The man has more time in airplanes than any 100 of us nugs combined...he is an aviator in the purest sense of the word.:sleep_125

Just so the record is clear...
He has logged more than 1,300 carrier arrested landings and 4,800 flight hours in tactical jet aircraft.

IRfly

None
Actually, I thought that it was an interesting article in showing the depth and range of experience that ADM Fallon brings to the table. The bit about not mentioning his actual career field was meant to be a humorous jab at the NYT's imprecise reporting. Apparently it didn't come across.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Got my first coin from that guy when he was the VCNO when I was a 2nd Lt. Had the opportunity to chat about flying with him. Great stories!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Admiral Fallon, who began his military career with a commission through the Navy’s Reserve Officer Training Program, as opposed to the more prestigious Naval Academy, has a quarter-century’s experience in combat aircraft and extensive time at the negotiating table.

WTF Mate

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, it's official. The NYT is staffed with 17-year-old Academy wannabes.:D
Well, the Academy is more prestigious than your typical run of the mill ROTC units. Hell, even I'll admit that.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Well, the Academy is more prestigious than your typical run of the mill ROTC units. Hell, even I'll admit that.

Yeah, what with the meth issues, car theft ring, sexual assault issues...No wonder the academy mids got a MUC for staying out of trouble. :rolleyes:

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, what with the meth issues, car theft ring, sexual assault issues...No wonder the academy mids got a MUC for staying out of trouble. :rolleyes:
Don't confuse prestige with being better or more desirable. Being the CO of a destroyer is far more prestigous than being a nugget pilot. Anybody care to swop?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Yeah, but their only prestige comes from the fact that they're "national." Same end product, and I'll bet that Gainesville made you a lot happier. As for the destroyer CO or the nugget pilot, well that depends on your audience. :)

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, but their only prestige comes from the fact that they're "national." Same end product, and I'll bet that Gainesville made you a lot happier.
Absolutely. I'd go back to UF for my undergraduate work in a heartbeat. In fact, they can have my bachelor's degree. I want to go back and do it again.....ALL of it.:D

As for the destroyer CO or the nugget pilot, well that depends on your audience. :)
That's my point entirely

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As an Academy grad, I have to throw in my two cents worth. On any given weekend, I bet the Naval Academy looked better in our rear view mirrors than your colleges did in yours!!!
But at least when we looked in our rearview mirrors, there were hot girls in the foreground. :D