• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can anyone explain???

tiger84

LT
pilot
If this is something you really want to do you need to go see the officer recruiter. The enlisted recruiter may be able to help some, but chances are he or she won't know much about the specific program you want to apply for. The recruiters are there to help get you through the application process, but they're only going to be willing to push hard for you if they see you take the initiative early on.

jmoore

My original plans were for me to just enlist, but when I found this program I knew it was for me! I really wanted to finish school first and join the Navy, this kind of gives me the best of both worlds at the same time. I just didn't know if it would make a difference if I had been to MEPS and taken my ASVAB. I didn't sign a contract for any thing like that.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thinking about it now, would it make a difference since I have already been to MEPS and had a physical? I would like to do it over because of the pressure I felt from my recruiter and his superiors.

Not sure I understand. You had a physical and felt you were not completely honest during that physical? First tell your recruiter that you had a previous MEPS physical. They are only good for so long ( can't remember how long). It may have expired and even then, the officer recruiter will probably have to run you through again because the commissioning physical is slightly different. If you have to go again anyway, then don't mention your concern for complete honesty and just be totally honest on the new physical. If he says he can use any part of your previous physical then come clean about your last experience AND how the enlisted recruiter encouraged you. In the end it will not be a big deal. You just want to be sure that if they use the old physical the record is corrected.

joeyg911

Go see the officer recruiter, it will be worth the trip. If the local enlisted recruiter tries to tell you that you have to enlist first, or any crazy crap like that, let us know.

Funny you should say that. That is what they told me. He asked how I pay for college and I said GI Bill and then he knew I was prior. I had an Officer Rec. call me the next day and that is when I began my process. Still waiting for my fin. sel.

jmoore

I know I should just apply for BDCP and see how it goes, but if I understand it correctly I can not apply until after my sophomore year is over? Is that right or I am I just reading it wrong?

BackOrdered

Contributor
I know I should just apply for BDCP and see how it goes, but if I understand it correctly I can not apply until after my sophomore year is over? Is that right or I am I just reading it wrong?

I believe you need a junior's level of credits, I forget exactly how many the navy wants to see. Still, you can start early later into your sophomore year and get the ball rolling. The process is roughly 6-8 months.

jmoore

I finished up all of my final exams today! I didn't do as well as I had hoped, I had an accounting class that really brought my GPA down. I am going to take it again next semester for a grade replacement. My question is, when applying for BDCP do they take other things into consideration when looking at your GPA? If I do the grade replacement the grade I have now will still show up on my transcript but will not count towards my GPA.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I finished up all of my final exams today! I didn't do as well as I had hoped, I had an accounting class that really brought my GPA down. I am going to take it again next semester for a grade replacement. My question is, when applying for BDCP do they take other things into consideration when looking at your GPA? If I do the grade replacement the grade I have now will still show up on my transcript but will not count towards my GPA.

Somebody might know for sure, but to my understanding they take a fine tooth comb to your transcript to see how you came to be, look for trends (be they good or bad), and if you can handle being in BDCP. I mean, you can be an enigineering major and have a transcript full of junk classes. Then as soon as you get your first tough schedule under BDCP, you are under a 2.7 and on academic probation. BDCP is great but all bets are off if you get under a 2.7 for any term. You basically want to guard against bad trends.

In my situation, doing the grade replacement is a bad idea. I mean, I wouldn't do it because I go to private college and if I screw around and forget to take a class or do poorly, I must wait until next year and run risk of breaching my BDCP contract over 3 credit hours. If you can get away with it, fine. I just don't know how to explain botching a class to my NRD.