• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Camouflaged Aircraft and related topics

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....The Germans have a history of garish paint schemes going back to WW1.

One of my early "heroes" would agree w/ you ... Ernst Udet. His Fokker D.VII looked like this while he was in Jasta (squadron) 4 on the Western Front. I love his attitude, not to mention his "subdued" camo-scheme. :)

While the "camo" is self-evident and speaks for itself, what I really love is the taunting phrase on the trailing edge of the elevator which says it ALL:

"Du doch nicht"!! ... meaning ... "But not you"!!

GREAT attitude. GREAT message. NEVER give up. NEVER say die ....

fokkerdviiudetsb8.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I think I took a pic of Ernst's aeroplane before it turned into a candycane!

BTW...I know this isn't a DVII

Attachments

• DullesFesters 007_800x600.jpg
    DullesFesters 007_800x600.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 75

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think I took a pic of Ernst's aeroplane before it turned into a candycane!

BTW...I know this isn't a DVII
Really? I didn't know you were that old, or that they made such excellent digital cameras back then. :D

A4s is on the right track, but a more accurate translation is "Certainly not you!" for the guy who saddled in behind Udet. Sad story; he was brought out of retirement to help stand up the Luftwaffe under Goering, who was his CO at the end of WWI. Udet was the better stick, though, and had more kills than anyone except Richthofen himself. They never got along. Udet apparently wasn't an ardent Nazi. Though Udet was instrumental in bringing the Ju 87 to fruition, due to Goering and the pressures of his job, he became an alcoholic and shot himself in 1941.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Udet

200px-Ernst_Udet.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That was hilarious +1

Back on topic. Sideview showing MiG-29 silhouette superimposed on TOPGUN F/A-18

TOPGUNHornetMiG-29.jpg

Frontal view of same jet returning to line

TOPGUNHornet.jpg

HJ Photos

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And for Swanee, his favorite ride (to be perhaps)

TOPGUNVipers-1.jpg

HJ Photo

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I saw one of those on the ramp at Oceana one time, and actually said something like,"Holy shit! There's a goddam MiG-29 down there!" Then..."Oh, wait, that's an F-18."

B

Blutonski816

^

Something similar happened to me on a roadtrip a few years back. We passed by Creech (when it was still called Indian Springs) and I saw no-shit Su-27 in blue camo on their flightline and unlike phrog's experience it really was an Su-27...

Slider

Swee-e-e-e-t~

They paint em that way so they can distract you for that brief second to get the jump on you! ***Wow, look at that paint job! Man, I would sure hate to scratch that baby..(flash)..Oh shit..Bogey on my 6***:icon_smil

And I bet the corrosion team hates letting those babies go out for their flights! Imagine doing the touchups every 14 days on them babies? Fahrvenugen~:eek:

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
And for Swanee, his favorite ride (to be perhaps)

HJ Photo

Nice shots! You really have some talent through a lens.

On a side note, I *might* fly the viper, but not for Syracuse. The word I was given was they the next guy to go to UPT for Syr was going to go through the Viper syllabus at Luke but then immediately after that they would be going through the reaper syllabus, everyone who could have been transfered away is already set to leave.

The august board for the Navy is looking good to me!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice shots! You really have some talent through a lens.

Thanks, I enjoy shooting and especially when they turn out as planned...here's some more from today (see below)

On a side note, I *might* fly the viper, but not for Syracuse. The word I was given was they the next guy to go to UPT for Syr was going to go through the Viper syllabus at Luke but then immediately after that they would be going through the reaper syllabus, everyone who could have been transfered away is already set to leave.

The august board for the Navy is looking good to me!

About time you traded a rudder and skates for a cockpit

Back to photos related to camouflage...action at Oceana today showing various paint schemes:

Ambushpair.jpg

Boarshead.jpg

Depthoffield.jpg

Rippers.jpg

Tribe.jpg

RafaleMICAIR.jpg

HJ Photos