• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by Pat1USMC
Your callsign will never be Maverick. It would be best to get over it now.

Yeah, what he said.

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
That's what I like; a never ending party thread you can count on to be there when you go away and come back 3 months later. Party on
discomonkey.gif

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
what exactly do you mean by that? I would hope that in a forum where so many aspire to be so much there are people who are proud enough of what they've accomplished to share it with the rest of the crowd. who are you with 5 posts and saying people brag about what they've done? Of course they do, I wouldn't have it any other way.

airwinger

pilot
F-15 guy I met. "WOO" He was solo going back to Nellis, saw another F-15 and formed up on him, thus "Wingman Of Opportunity". Some guy left suntan lotion on the side of a T-2 intake, it got sucked in an FOD'd the engine. Callsign "lotion"

riley

I had lunch awhile back with a bunch of guard F-16 pilots. They were telling a story of a crazy night in Vegas where one of their squadronmates earned a new callsign after 18 years with the same one.

Sins

What was the new callsign? "Deadwhore"? I'd take that name.
Sorry I just say some dumb movie about some guys who ended up with a dead hooker in Vegas.

On another and prossibly unrelated note, my buddy had the callsign "Blood" during his tour.

WannaBEaP3gal

I've heard call signs as bad a "loose anus" (can you imagine what that guy did to deserve that), and then there was this guy with the last name Wood, so his call sign was "Sport"... Knowing my ditzy ways, I'll probably get stuck w/ something really "dumb blonde" typish.

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
Although I'm not a military pilot yet, I'm majoring in Aviation Science and fly about 3 times a week. All my close friends are pilots because we all hang out together. We decided it would be cool to have call signs (yes, we realize we are tools) so whenever any of us screwed up, our friends decided on a name. My call sign is Turtle because I took longer than usual to get my private license (it wasn't all my fault! the weather and flight instructors screwed me over pretty good). We used to call one of my friends Up-Chuck, that is until he dropped a fuel strainer in the fuel tank. Now he's known as Strainer. Another one went from Taildragger to Tailstrike to Striker. Her landing was a bit hard (due to her flare and strong winds) and she hit the tail cone on the runway. Tie-down tried to taxi out with both wings and the tail still chained to the ground.

The funny part is that everyone (even non-pilots) call us by our call sign. My OSO didn't know my real name for awhile because he always calls me Turtle!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
What not to do:

One of our NFOs met up with us on cruise, first port was Perth, AUS. He got tanked, and pissed the bed. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "puddles"

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
maverick01usn said:
its funny but since high school everybody knows me as maverick and im glad for that because im already used to the name. Ill see if i can sneak my "nickname" as a callsign kind of like the movie itself!

I was once like you. And like me you will soon realize how stupid it really is.

Pat1USMC said:
Your callsign will never be Maverick. It would be best to get over it now.

Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.