• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CALLING ALL JUNE 2 OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
i definalty agreee, a little info would be good...i mean it is not like it is classifed or something.

Kyle McWhirter

Mari,

Thanks for the gouge about the flight. I spoke to the processor and told him that I wanted to get there at least a day before so I can rest for the last time before the start of hell as our friend Vicki has stated. They booked my flight so hopefully I have enough lead time in case anything like that happens to me.

As much as I would like some gouge on Week 1, I think we are all better off not knowing what the hell to expect. We'll all get through it but have to make sure we help each other out! The less I know, I think the better I will do. It sounds nuts, but I would rather sleep now and not worry about Indoc until I get there. Call me crazy!

Ed Williams

quote: As much as I would like some gouge on Week 1, I think we are all better off not knowing what the hell to expect. We'll all get through it but have to make sure we help each other out! The less I know, I think the better I will do. It sounds nuts, but I would rather sleep now and not worry about Indoc until I get there. Call me crazy!

Your crazy
ed

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:Call me crazy!
Senor McWhirter esta muy loco.

Actually, from my experience in NROTC Indoc, you can expect a whole lot of yelling. Just do as you're told, try not to screw up, and above all...don't take it personally.

Just don't oversleep, like I did on the second day.

SETTING: Matt's bedroom.
TIME: 0445

A telephone rings.

ME: Hmph...hello?
SSGT COOMER: Is this Matthew Tripp?
ME: Yessir, it is.
SSGT COOMER: Midshipman Tripp, you were ordered to report this morning at 0430. It is now 0445 and we were wondering if you had decided to quit on us.
ME: [expletive]--uh, SIR! This Midshipman will be at Nichols Hall in two minutes, sir!

Needless to say, I wasn't late again.

Edited by - Tripp on 05/04/2001 18:54:08

Ed Williams

Tripp, At least you got a call. I overslept in Basic and my DI wasn't so nice. He just flipped my bunk over. It was not too fun.
ed

Kyle McWhirter

Si, Tripp...yo soy un hombre muy loco...haha.

I just got my orders yesterday and I noticed something interesting. Here is what it says:

"for indoc and: (check one)
__Temporary duty under instruction s for further assignment (OCS, AOCS less NFO)
XX duty under instruction (NFO only)"

So the second one was checked for me. Seeing as though it is the weekend, I can't ask my recruiter for the official reason. Any insight would be appreciated.

By the way ATP, I also got my flight scheduled. I arrive into Pcola on 02Jun at 245 pm. Guess I might check in and get a room at the BEQ unless anyone has a better idea.

Let me know...
Kyle

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Humm trip that is errly similar to an experiance i had. The first time i went to MEPS for the physical there was a little mix up. The hotel where we were staying did not give me and the guy i was staying with a wake up call. So i i hear the phone ring..Steve the other guy in the room picks it up first i figured it waas our 4:30 wake up call. no it was actualy his recuiter wondering why it was 5:50 and wondering why he was not there.DOH! So I had to go back a different day for the phyisical. But what sucked for steve was that he was shiping out that day!

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:I never knew you were NROTC Tripp?
Hehe...I stuck with it for a quarter, but didn't enjoy it. Yeah, I went to college to learn new things and better myself as a person, but rolling out of the rack at 0430 for PT just wasn't my bag of chips. And the damn haircuts, and the extra classes (my schedule is busy enough as it is). I figured, if I want to do this as a career, I can always go OCS. I'm willing to give the Navy 10 years of my life, but damnit, these 4 here in Auburn are mine.

This isn't to say NROTC is bad; in fact, it is probably better [than OCS] in many ways. But that is an entirely different topic, and I'm too drunk at the moment to talk about that.

Speaking of Whiting Field, last summer, I happened to stumble across it driving back to Auburn from my parent's condo in Navarre. Out in the middle of frickin' nowehere. But then again, so is Auburn...

Aye, I think I've rambled enough for one night and I am going to stumble to my bed. Spanish holidays and finals do not mix well.

Edited by - Tripp on 05/06/2001 01:30:50

Ed Williams

quote:and I'm too drunk at the moment to talk about that
Aye, I think I've rambled enough for one night and I am going to stumble to my bed. Spanish holidays and finals do not mix well.

Tripp, thats the spirit. GOing out like a champ. You make all college students proud!
ed

Kyle McWhirter

Another quick question...

Do my orders have the class number on there or do I find that out when I get to Pcola. I want to be able to give my address out after graduation and before OCS. Took my last undergraduate final today...time to booze (and train for OCS)!

unfUSN

Mari... when, at what week, should you be pretty confident that you are gonna graduate? I mean when can you tell your family to make travel arrangmants for your graduation?

ATP

unfUSN

Kyle... mt home number is 904/ 821-5318 give me a call and we can try to make plans to meet up in P-cola. I'm headed there on the 30th. I'm just gonna look around and play tourist for a couple of days.

ATP

Status
Not open for further replies.