• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CALLING ALL JUNE 2 OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfUSN

I've been skimming throuigh most of the forums and seen that a good number of us have June2 dates... So I thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves.

I'm Ashley Thomas Payne, 25 and a recent graduate of the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL.

Not matter how bad you think OCS is gonna be for you, just think about about me, being a guy with the name AShley! I'm like a DIs wet-dream

ATP

Derrill Thompson

June 2 also...

Derrill Thompson, SSgt, USAF - 25 yrs old
BA in Mathematics, McKendree College
Wife, Becky
1st child on the way (August)

Have been enlisted in the Air Force for 8 years (because it took me that long to finish college). No, I'm not a doctor!!

Originally from PAX River (St. Mary's county)
Maryland.

No worries about the DI's reaction to Ashley....I'm prior Air Force. I think they'll really love that one.

Derrill Thompson

By the way,
Does everyone call you Ash? Too bad, they do now!

I know Kyle M. and Ed Williams are also June 2. I went to ACES w/Ed. I think we should be able to dish off any heeat from the DI's onto him. He's a dork. Kidding. He and Kyle are from the same school in New York.

I know there are plans in the works to meet up a day or two early in P-cola... Ed is itching to get back the Seville Quarter. He had so much success there last time. Cost him though, I think his well spent money ended up in a barf bag at 7000 ft the next day. Tell 'em Ed...

unfUSN

Actually I never really had a nick-name to speak of... a lot of my faternity brother use to call me "house-of-payne", but nothing much besides that. Although my fiance calls me jesus christ a lot... as in jesus christ i can't believe you said that, or jesus christ what the hell were you thinking!!

I haven't been to ACES, although I've heard a lot about it. I'm kinda worried about the physical there. I broke my finger about a year ago and I still don't have 100% use of it... It's pretty good I just can't close it in a fist 100%. I hope I can pass their physical and keep my NFO slot.

25 huh? I'm glad there will be another grandpa there with me! And a math major too boot... I hope we have aero together.

ATP

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ash (nickname already sticking) -- "jesus christ" lol... god, ain't that the truth... and how about this freaky Jax weather, huh?

Derrill, once again I am glad you have "seen the light" and error of your ways, and have left the dark side and come to the Navy, we'll try an not hold it against you TOO much! jk with ya

Ed Williams

Thanks for the quality intro Derrill. June 2nd, sounds like a good date. Well, first for my quick bio.

Soon to be grad. from St. Bonaventure University with a degree in Education. I like long walks on the beach and romantic candle light.... oh, wrong cite for thoes things.
As for the Aces experience that Derrill speaks of, we went out the night before our T-34 flight, had a great time by the way, but that next day I had the pleasure of feeling a bit on the air sick side. As for the nicknames, I'm looking at Two Bags for the time being. THe DI's proabably will have some fun with Ashley, but I'm sure that they will enjoy mashing the Air Force champ a bit more.

Ed Williams

A few quick foot notes. For anyone who is wondering, St. Bonaventure is located in New York, about an hour south of Buffalo, my hometown. Also, I am itching to get a little fun out of P-cola before 13 weeks of hell starts. I'll be down in the area proabably a week before the 2nd with some friends. For thoes who are flying in we'll have to chat before and i'll pick people up at the airport; no need to pay for a cab. For all thoes people driving in, we should pick a spot or hotel to meet at so we can hang out a bit before OSC. Any sugestions?
ed

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
OK guys i think i might have you all beat for DI fun with names.

My last name is CONDON
that is all you need to know:)

unfUSN

You just might have me beat there Falcancer...

Is it me, or is it REALLY HARD to do actual work at your job when you know your out of here soon?

I'd be all for meeting up a couple of days ahead of class in P-cola somewhere... then we could go in together. I've heard that activiites start when you frist start heading to check in.

Has everyone started memorizing the BIG 3? I have to admitt that I've been slack about it..?

ATP

Ed Williams

iI have the big 3 memorized, but i'm not sure how well i'll remember it with a DI screaming in my face. guess we'll see.
ed

Ed Williams

WHen exactly in the pipe line do you attend SERE school? I was under the impression that you go right after Intermediate flight before your first deployment? Glad to hear that OCS is getting softer! The softer the better.
ed

Jeff29

Science Project
What do you mean "The 'House of Pain'...... a thing of the past"? That's just plain wrong!

As far as age goes, you're all just kids. I was 27 at OCS, and, if everything works out and I get my transfer to aviation, I'll be 29-1/2 when I get to API.

-Jeff

Kyle McWhirter

My turn for introductions.

If you can't figure out by my login name, I am Kyle McWhirter. I was born and raised in California but attend St. Bonaventure also (and freeze my ass off daily). I might be competing for the title of junior for this OCS class...turn 22 in June. I am sure this will be a birthday I won't forget. I am graduating with a degree in Marketing and I know I will use all my knowledge of market penetration and segmentation daily at OCS :). Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying our mashings together. Ed knows of a nick name I have received from Spring Break when I mentioned flight school...but I will keep this post clean. haha.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:
...Some communities might not send you until after the FRS. It all depends on timing. For examply John hasn't experienced the joys of SERE yet because he is doing the FRS first.

Matt Stevenson

Hey, you have fun up in Maine, don't get too cold, ok?

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:Hey, you have fun up in Maine, don't get too cold, ok?

Hehe...just wait till you're clipping along at 250 kts. and suddenly, this humongous splat appears on your windscreen...and you can't figure out if it was a mosquito or a bird. Maine is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.