• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

California Fires

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some amazing images are coming out of this...a couple I saw.
captbf7bc56c5b58410ab993da4a6dd5db0.jpg

1722154385_ad38458a3a.jpg

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
These fires really are crazy. I'm scheduled to go up for some IFR dual today... we'll see if we can get around any TFRs or AIRMETS/SIGMETS. I'll see what I can see from up there. oh wait... I'll be under the hood :)

I now have a couple friends whose parents have lost their homes... another four or five friends that have been evacuated. My unit almost got activated to help other Marine units with relief efforts.. but it looks like the active duty side has it covered.

Whalebite

Last 2 surviving Martin Mars just flew over my place, come down from Vancouver Island to fight the fires, I ran to get my camera, and snapped a shot

Attachments

• mars2.jpg
    mars2.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 73

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
just got back from a run since its pretty clear out here ( I can see the mountains I live by which is my gauge) and it wasn't bad at first but now Im hacking a bit. I cut down my distance too so I wouldn't be out too long but it still got to me. Oh well, live and learn.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Last 2 surviving Martin Mars just flew over my place, come down from Vancouver Island to fight the fires, I ran to get my camera, and snapped a shot

not to rain on your parade, pretty sure that's a C-130, probably one of CA ANG's. You can just make out a neon-pink # in your pic...kinda like the neon # in this pic:
maffsT6.jpg

Mars has a different wing shape...and is red and white.
bc-martin-mars2.jpg

Whalebite

I'd give it to you, but i have other pics, grainy when zoomed in, you can see what looks like the floats. So while I cant say for certain, I dont think its a C130.

Attachments

• mars 4 copy.jpg
    mars 4 copy.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 71

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd give it to you, but i have other pics, grainy when zoomed in, you can see what looks like the floats. So while I cant say for certain, I dont think its a C130.

That is so totally a C-130.

Brett

Pags

N/A
pilot
That is so totally a C-130.

Brett

agreed...still. i think those things that look like "floats" are ext. tanks. plus, still not red and white. and the tail is the wrong shape...the Mars horizontal tail has some dihedral to it.

guim13

I think that Herc is from WY. I interviewed with those guys twice, and a ticket to that shithole isnt cheap.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
C-130 for sure... I also think its external fuel tanks. Good to see those -130s in the air today. I'm in Corona, and many of those aircraft are going over to fight the fires in Irvine. I saw a P-2 earlier as well.