• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

But Why?

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Dumb question: where does the hose go? Do they keep it in the back with the jumper cables and spare tire? CMV always flying around with one or is it GSE that "happens" to be at the FOB or wherever?
We had a cart with a reel of hose on it back in the day, Roll on Roll off.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Especially when, depending on the HADR scenario, the V-22 can get sidelined pretty quick depending on the "shantiness" of the population/infrastructure.

Yeah my thought was land a pair of those in a football ( ⚽ ) field or similar and you’ve got a transload/FARP for whatever is left of HSC to do work. That’ll work for D+0 to D+72 until something better gets setup.

Edit: Also don’t sleep on organic capability to sell a fleet commander on an idea. “Oh yeah VRM and HSC/HSM can do this right away and you don’t have to call the CFACC to ask for anything”

hscs

pilot
Hate to ask, but is VRM being taught to land in unprepared zones? Only bring it up as one side of the helo world tried to say that they only land in prepared zones during a HADR mission which was true. Syllabus changed after flags lost their mind that a helo couldn’t land in a grassy field.

It would not shock me if too much COD-thought was put into the syllabus and basic unprepared landings have been left out, and that would make this nothing more than a cool pic. OBTW - if I am wrong, tell VRM to get a real a/c paint job if they are mo into the tactical realm.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Hate to ask, but is VRM being taught to land in unprepared zones? Only bring it up as one side of the helo world tried to say that they only land in prepared zones during a HADR mission which was true. Syllabus changed after flags lost their mind that a helo couldn’t land in a grassy field.

It would not shock me if too much COD-thought was put into the syllabus and basic unprepared landings have been left out, and that would make this nothing more than a cool pic. OBTW - if I am wrong, tell VRM to get a real a/c paint job if they are mo into the tactical realm.
Man, that pendulum really swung. The successor to that helo community now generally thinks it's cool to do NVD TACFORM and NVD UPLs with 1× AW and the cabin door closed.

thump

pilot
Man, that pendulum really swung. The successor to that helo community now generally thinks it's cool to do NVD TACFORM and NVD UPLs with 1× AW and the cabin door closed.

I thought that’s how it was always done. Were things less tactical once? ?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
OBTW - if I am wrong, tell VRM to get a real a/c paint job if they are mo into the tactical realm.

I’m told that switch is coming from the factory starting in the late teens production number or early 20’s. Don’t recall exactly. Supposedly it will be the same color as the CV-22. However, i kind of like the fancy paint it has now?