• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bush snubbed at G20 Summit

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And you are subtle and have a great grasp of sarcasm.

This clip is from MSNBC, but it still proves the point.

You are right Brett. There is clearly no bias at work.

Ummm, you are going to use a clip from MSNBC to counter him saying that you are delusional about this?

Not exactly. I think that Fox's lack of bias makes them seem far right by comparison.

CNN is so far in the tank for the Democrats, they don't really even try to hide it anymore.

Am I missing something?

grant_davis

I beg to differ. The office always deserves respect. No doubt about that. Whoever has the job is due all of the customs and courtesies that the regulations stipulate. However, everyone has the right to hold whatever personal opinion of the man who serves in the office.

As a professional you salute the uniform (or office) no matter what. You have no obligation to respect them on a personal level.

Offices can be won. Respect has to be earned.

Very good point.. I was a little heated when I posed that (just got done listing to some Bush Bashing). All I am trying to say is exactly what you said.. Show respect, you don't have to put up a yard sign or even like the guy I just cant stand it when people constantly rag on and talk bad about the guy that represents our country..

Bevo16

pilot
Am I missing something?

As usual. Maybe my fault. Maybe you are picking nits. Maybe you are just being a jackass. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Most of those clowns still consider themselves journalists, even though it's pretty obvious to everyone that they are nothing more than democratic party operatives.

The "these clowns" that I was referring to was in response to the CNN clip but also a generalization used to include folks like Matthews who is employed by MSNBC and obviously in the tank for Obama and the democratic party. (Notice "clowns" is the plural form on the noun.)

I realize that my failure to be specific in my original post opens myself up to dorks who try to score points by saying "OOOOOHHH that clip is from MSNBC and you were talkin bout CNN....OOOOOHHH you so stupid Bevo!!!" I trust that most people here are smart enough to pick up the obvious connection and just roll with it.

It's a big shocker what side you came out on.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Matthews still has the "tingle" up his leg. So why curry favor with Obama??? I think he'd love to be his press secretary.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As usual. Maybe my fault. Maybe you are picking nits. Maybe you are just being a jackass. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Well, it is certainly not my fault that you have to resort to grade-school name calling. ;)

I realize that my failure to be specific in my original post opens myself up to dorks who try to score points by saying "OOOOOHHH that clip is from MSNBC and you were talkin bout CNN....OOOOOHHH you so stupid Bevo!!!" I trust that most people here are smart enough to pick up the obvious connection and just roll with it.

What is it called? Attention to detail? Someone points out an obvious flaw in your argument and all you can do is whine about it?

Bevo16

pilot
Well, it is certainly not my fault that you have to resort to grade-school name calling. ;)

I just put the shoes out there. You found the one that fits.

What is it called? Attention to detail? Someone points out an obvious flaw in your argument and all you can do is whine about it?

Attention to detail indeed.

This clip is from MSNBC, but it still proves the point.

Attention to detail is one thing. Being able to follow a discussion that is written above grade school comprehension level is another. Keep thinking you are scoring points. You just look petty and foolish. "OOOHHH Bevo, he so stupid!"

Bevo16

pilot
I don't think Brett is incorrect by saying this is delusional:

IT WAS SARCASM!!!! I SAID SO IN MY RESPONSE TO BRETT!!!!

It's one thing to miss it the first time (it is the internet after all). It's another thing to beat the dead horse when I already explained it.

And you want to play the "attention to detail" card.

Bevo16

pilot
Brett,

I am not "blind". I can hear and see the liberal bullshit. I just am not buying it. FWIW, you lack ability to pick up sarcasm has you "under the hood". ;)

OK, try this:

Yes, there is some bias on both sides. (Happy?)

Here are the sides.

Conservative:

Fox News, Conservative Talk Radio.

Liberal:
CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, The New York Times, The LA Times, Time Magazine, Newsweek Magazine, The Associated Press

Sound about right?

thull

Brett,

I am not "blind". I can hear and see the liberal bullshit. I just am not buying it. FWIW, you lack ability to pick up sarcasm has you "under the hood". ;)

OK, try this:

Here are the sides.

Conservative:

Liberal:
CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, The New York Times, The LA Times, Time Magazine, Newsweek Magazine, The Associated Press

Sound about right?

So where do the Wall Street Journal, Washington Times, New York Post, the National Review, and the Weekly Standard fall? :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett,

OK, try this:

Here are the sides.

Conservative:

Liberal:

Sound about right?

That's always your excuse. :rolleyes: At any rate, I will grant you that most of the "popular" network & cable media lean left, but not to the degree which you lament (again, back to that partisan rage thing). Anyhow - so what? Who cares? I don't know or understand why our party can't come up with and clearly articulate policy priorities that connect with their constituency, but it's not because of media bias. On the other hand, there are many more conservative news sources than you list. Bottom line, pick the media outlet that suits you and stop whining about it.

Brett

Bevo16

pilot
I don't know or understand why our party can't come up with and clearly articulate policy priorities that connect with their constituency, .....

Ditto. Wanna run?

I would not be shocked if the failure of the republican party leadership causes a mini-revolt from the base or even a legitimate 3rd party emergence.

On the other hand, there are many more conservative news sources than you list. Bottom line, pick the media outlet that suits you and stop whining about it.

I not whining about it. I am talking about it. Big difference.