• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bump fire?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
That's what it looks like to me. I can't really see if he's pulling or pushing on the pistol but most dudes I've known who bump fire a pistol hold it just like he did.

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
I was more surprised a whale was taught to shoot than at a bump fired Beretta.

Lawman

None
Funny thing is he'd be lucky to hit a target the size of himself the way he was shooting.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What an idiot. Sound and fury signifying nothing.

Rubiks06

pilot
Ive never seen anyone bump fire, but i have seen someones trigger pin break and have the pistol go full auto.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ive never seen anyone bump fire, but i have seen someones trigger pin break and have the pistol go full auto.
Sounds like fun. Worst I ever have had is my P229 which has an annoying habit (as all P229s do) of occasionally not locking the slide back on an empty mag. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG *click* . . . :confused:

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Sounds like fun. Worst I ever have had is my P229 which has an annoying habit (as all P229s do) of occasionally not locking the slide back on an empty mag. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG *click* . . . :confused:
Are you sure thats not an ammo problem? I have a P2000 which I have found wont lock the slide back when I use certain ammo.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy crap is that Fat Boy Slim?

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you sure thats not an ammo problem? I have a P2000 which I have found wont lock the slide back when I use certain ammo.
Dunno. I've had it happen with cheap range fodder, Winchester White Box and self-defense ammo at times. I think it's due to them starting out with the P228 design and going to a machined steel slide, which is more massive.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Dunno. I've had it happen with cheap range fodder, Winchester White Box and self-defense ammo at times. I think it's due to them starting out with the P228 design and going to a machined steel slide, which is more massive.

Have you looked to see if they make a lighter recoil spring? You'd feel a little bit more recoil but it should make up for the weight of the slide.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Have you looked to see if they make a lighter recoil spring? You'd feel a little bit more recoil but it should make up for the weight of the slide.

Ive considered doing the same for my HK, though I haven't bitten the bullet just yet.

If its not locking with Winchester white box I would imagine youre right, not the ammo. I have had great luck with that ammo.