• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Broken but cleared to return

Lawman

None
Well finally got official diagnosis on whats wrong with my foot and was NPQ'd last Monday. After my trip to Bathesda they figured out which part of my foot that broke, Im unique which is never good in the medical world. Basically the whole locking portion of the foot between the long front bones and the hell directly under the ankle has a serious stress fracture and is responcible for my loss of mobility and load bearing strength. But luckily my leadership and academic scores as well as my up to that point PT were all above average. Throw in my satisfactory eval as Company 1st Sgt and a good word from my Plt CO and Im cleared to come back next year.

Now the suck part.... IM STILL AT QUANTICO! yeah been here since Monday. Luckily strings were pulled along back channels to get me released to my uncle's (O-4) custody while my company was on liberty so that Id be able to do laundry and such hygeine because the drop barracks are not ment to as more then a 24-48 hour barracks. Lots of interesting issues and grief being thrown back and forth but Im supposed to be heading back home Monday or at the latest Tuesday. On the plus side Ive been able to trade a few words now and again with some of my platoon and fireteam members in the chow hall and general consensis is there is a lot of loss being felt especially amonst the fireteam because when they reorganized they got a moron.

Talked to my OSO and hes gonna have me pull a PFT as soon as I rehab and get me on a board for Echo company 1st Increment. So back to training as soon as I can. Ive already been thinking about how to set up a Fartlek course at my university because my OSO didnt prepair us for crap.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Will you still be in the Marine Corps for the next year? How does that work?

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Sorry about the foot. Hope it heals well and you get back to training soon. Good luck with Echo Company next summer, you might see me there.

Lawman

None
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Will you still be in the Marine Corps for the next year? How does that work?

Im released NOE so I get money from the government to cover the cost of physical therapy and rehab. I have to reboard to prove that I am medically capable of training and I get to keep my previous contract. I also completed enough training from the 10 week program to qualify to come back for just the 6 week senior course.

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Sorry about the injury Lawman. Rest up, heal and stay motivated. I am sure you will make an excellent Marine Officer. Good Luck!

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
Sorry to hear about the NPQ, I know how much it sucks. Hopefully your healing will be quick and you can get back to training asap.

BTW, make sure you have a written authorization in your hand for everthing (doctor visits, PT, etc) before you do them. If you don't you'll get bills in the mail saying things weren't authorized by your SPOC (service point of contact), which is MMSO (Military Medical Support Office). Any questions about your NOE situation let me know, I'm an expert unfortunately.

Good luck.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Typically, 6 weeks; though you also need to demonstrate a strong performance indicating that you were likely to graduate.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Im released NOE so I get money from the government to cover the cost of physical therapy and rehab. I have to reboard to prove that I am medically capable of training and I get to keep my previous contract. I also completed enough training from the 10 week program to qualify to come back for just the 6 week senior course.

Hate to say it, Drew, but you should have gone Navy. OCS is easier and you would have had access to newer, cooler jets. ;)

Brett

Lawman

None
Hate to say it, Drew, but you should have gone Navy. OCS is easier and you would have had access to newer, cooler jets. ;)

Brett

Me and ....... oh wait Im still a candidate, This candidate and another candidate were actually commenting on that while sitting in the physical therapy department at the Brown field Clinic. It was like "Hey we made 6 weeks of this and did great, we could always join the Navy because we know we could survive thier OCS."

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Bad luck...pure and simple. Good on you for getting rec'd for Echo. You'll love it. It's like OCS for people who just want to get it over with quickly...not near as many turds. Keep your moto up and good luck with your recovery.

Lawman

None
How did the tunnel workout to escape from the squad bay?

The giant roach from the 2nd head made it into his new pad. And being that we dont have the heaviest firepower we have to bring to that fight is campstools we decided to let him keep it.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Me and ....... oh wait Im still a candidate, This candidate and another candidate were actually commenting on that while sitting in the physical therapy department at the Brown field Clinic. It was like "Hey we made 6 weeks of this and did great, we could always join the Navy because we know we could survive thier OCS."

I miss our little visits in freaking medical. Damn, those Navy guys were the only nice people on base. Sorry about your NPQ bro. I ended up getting off light duty even though I got a stress fracture in my right foot. Its been about a month...just got one in the left foot now too thursday morning. But I finished the 12 mile hump and am cleared to graduate. I cant wait for this **** to be done next week. See you when I get back Drew.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

Love it.

I was standing at the Delta counter hobbling home (on crutches, seabag on my back, with a cover tan). Agent asks me if I'd like an earlier flight home. "This candidate - er - I would appreciate it, ma'm." She just shakes her head.